SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Would I be crazy? Novak 1911
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would I be crazy? Novak 1911 Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
Most of my guns are practical. Two G19s, a Ruger 1911 Commander, a 10/22, a quartet of ARs built on Anderson uppers/lowers, a Bergara bolt-action .308. The "fanciest" I own is that Colt Wiley Clapp Commander. The fanciest I've EVER owned is a Wilson Combat.

I have taken my 1911s to Novak's for sights every time. And every time I've gone and fondled their 'in house' pistols. I've kinda got a hankering for this one....

Novak Custom Commander

Do I need an intervention? I really want a nice, all-black Commander. LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't say an intervention. However, at $3600, I'd definitely look around at Ed Brown and Nighthawk custom before deciding.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
And, frankly, you're at Full Custom money from Triangle Shooting Sports, and knocking on SVI money...

Posts: 5729 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get what floats your boat.

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
It's only money, and you only live once.

that said Dan Wesson makes some lovely commander size guns.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buy It. However, don't buy TWO. This way you can convince your wife that it was not an uncontrollable emotional purchase. You can then tell her that you actually SAVED $3,600. Smile

Seriously, I have a Wilson Pro I bought in 2005. Absolutely glorious 1911. Would I buy a second? No. But I'm happy as hell I bought one.

And yes...I do carry it.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own two Ed Browns and a Novak Lightweight Commander. All three guns are spectacular but the Novak has the best trigger by far. If mine is any indication you won't be disappointed.

Posts: 16 | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dan Wesson A2 Commander. Then spend the rest of the cash on ammo.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:
I wouldn't say an intervention. However, at $3600, I'd definitely look around at Ed Brown and Nighthawk custom before deciding.

Everyone needs a really nice gun they enjoy shooting. This, look at several of the top ones before pulling the trigger. But honestly, I have nice 1911's (Ed Brown, Wilson) but I would NEVER carry them, so my recommendation would be to buy a government model. I've had a few commanders and never really warmed up to them, and much prefer a government model. And, quite honestly, there are much better carry guns in regards to ammunition capacity and weight and size these days than a 1911.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post