SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    320 Pro Slide picts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320 Pro Slide picts? Login/Join 
posted
Anyone have pictures or reviews of the new 320 Pro Slide? Would the less weight make it more snappy?

sig nut', haulin' 3 sig 228's

Posts: 264 | Location: over lookin' beach and border | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
They weigh the exact same as the non milled slides. They had to keep the same weights to be able to use the factory recoil springs. Purely for looks and using a Leupold DPP or new sight they are coming out with.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
Yeah, weight is said to be the same, haven't seen any reviews yet.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course my ignorance will be revealed when I ask this, however:
When is it a good idea to to expose the barrel and recoil spring assembly to the elements via a slide cut or opening?
Indoor use only?
Want an open slide? Beretta 92 seems to be the option.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Guessing the slide would make a good place to put a box fluted barrel.

Possibly it would benefit cooling the barrel by a small amount?

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Less reciprocating mass, lighter recoil. Its a comp gun thing.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7503 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apf383:
Less reciprocating mass, lighter recoil. Its a comp gun thing.

They are the exact same mass...it’s a cosmetic thing...and a fucking ugly one at that. Form over function, but Sig is all about the bling and BS.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
So why not just make optics-compatible slides available at a lower price?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motorheadjohn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Form over function, but Sig is all about the bling and BS.

They're not my type of thing but they are much better than blinged-out faux diamond plate slides and purple chrome finishes.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Selling a slide for $399, when a gun costs $499, makes you think twice about buying it.

sig nut', haulin' 3 sig 228's

Posts: 264 | Location: over lookin' beach and border | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A big turn off for me is not been able to mount other optics besides the Romeo and the DP.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post