SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Convert P220 DAK to SA/DA
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Convert P220 DAK to SA/DA Login/Join 
Picture of billinaz
posted
I'm going to convert my P220 DAK to a SA/DA action.

Anyone interested in swapping parts who wants to convert their P220 to DAK?

Or know a good place to get the parts that is reasonable.

Posts: 159 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I had the conversion done last year by Sig. IIRC, it was only about $250 shipped both ways and they returned the DAK parts to me. Turn around time was only 10 days or so. For me to acquire the parts it would have been $100 at least so I just paid to have it done and not have to have the hassle of doing it myself.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I went through the same thing about a year or so ago with a DAK 226. If you’re not in a hurry, watch GB for gun “parts kits” which are really just companies that destroy firearms under contract and sell the non-serialed parts. Sometimes you get lucky and can pick the kit up cheap, switch the parts, and sell the DAK parts in a kit as well as whatever parts you don’t use.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billinaz
posted Hide Post
I found this.... Seems like only a couple of parts I would need..

Decocking Lever Spring, Slide Catch Lever Spring, Trigger Bar Spring, Recoil Spring, Slide Pins and Grip Screws.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sig-S...9:g:y4gAAOSwc95a612m

Ive been searching for a parts list so I know what parts I need.

Posts: 159 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billinaz:
I found this.... Seems like only a couple of parts I would need..

Decocking Lever Spring, Slide Catch Lever Spring, Trigger Bar Spring, Recoil Spring, Slide Pins and Grip Screws.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sig-S...9:g:y4gAAOSwc95a612m

Ive been searching for a parts list so I know what parts I need.

Parts to convert from DAK to DA/SA
Decocking Lever
Decocking Lever Spring
Decocking Lever Bearing
Hammer
Hammer Strut Pin (except P239 which is integral)
Hammer Reset Spring
Hammer Strut
Mainspring
Safety Lever
Sear
Sear Spring
Trigger Bar
DA/SA Grips with Decocking Lever cutout

From here. https://www.topgunsupply.com/faq.html

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like the trigger is universal, then, between all action designs? I think I may want to try a slightly longer trigger in my DAK, hence the tag-along.

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The Top Gun Supply list is comprehensive, but contains a couple of parts that are unlikely to be necessary.

Sears used in DAK pistols can be used in DA/SA mechanisms. Some older DA/SA sears cannot be used in DAK guns, but that’s not true the other way.

The only factory grip plates I have ever seen that were usable solely on DAK or DAO pistols were the rare small P229 grips. Every other grip plate I’ve seen on a DAK pistol was decocker compatible. (Hogue makes/made grip plates without the decocker cuts for use on DAO or DAK pistols.)

Most hammers are supplied with the hammer strut pin installed, but it’s a good idea to confirm that one won’t be needed.

And yes, factory triggers are the same for DA/SA and DAK. (Some aftermarket adjustable triggers designed for DA/SA use cannot be used with DAK mechanisms without modification.)

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

And yes, factory triggers are the same for DA/SA and DAK. (Some aftermarket adjustable triggers designed for DA/SA use cannot be used with DAK mechanisms without modification.)

Gracias', Senor.

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billinaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Top Gun Supply list is comprehensive, but contains a couple of parts that are unlikely to be necessary.

Sears used in DAK pistols can be used in DA/SA mechanisms. Some older DA/SA sears cannot be used in DAK guns, but that’s not true the other way.

The only factory grip plates I have ever seen that were usable solely on DAK or DAO pistols were the rare small P229 grips. Every other grip plate I’ve seen on a DAK pistol was decocker compatible. (Hogue makes/made grip plates without the decocker cuts for use on DAO or DAK pistols.)

Most hammers are supplied with the hammer strut pin installed, but it’s a good idea to confirm that one won’t be needed.

Does this look like I got all of them?

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:

If you are asking if you have all the parts to convert from DAK to DA/SA, then no, you don’t.
I don’t see the DA/SA trigger bar, DA/SA hammer, or hammer reset spring in your photo (that’s all that I identify as being missing).

On the other hand, you have parts pictured that have nothing to do with a conversion: the locking insert, magazine catch (and spring?), the trigger bar spring, slide catch lever spring, and mainspring seat. The pins pictured are the same in DAK and DA/SA guns as well.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billinaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If you are asking if you have all the parts to convert from DAK to DA/SA, then no, you don’t.
I don’t see the DA/SA trigger bar, DA/SA hammer, or hammer reset spring in your photo (that’s all that I identify as being missing).

On the other hand, you have parts pictured that have nothing to do with a conversion: the locking insert, magazine catch (and spring?), the trigger bar spring, slide catch lever spring, and mainspring seat. The pins pictured are the same in DAK and DA/SA guns as well.

Yes, I got these parts and another batch of parts....

I do have a hammer coming, and I guess I misidentified a couple parts.

I will grab a trigger bar and reset spring.

The trigger bar is somewhat elusive....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: billinaz,

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
The trigger bar is somewhat elusive....

Numrich seems to have them:
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/466670B

6.4/93.6

— Plato

posted Hide Post
Looks like the decocking lever is missing as well.

Posts: 402 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsjac:

Oh, yeah. Red Face
Those of us who hardly ever had decockers to use tend to overlook such fine details. Big Grin

6.4/93.6

— Plato

posted Hide Post
OP, let me know if you need the decocker, I have one sitting around doing nothing. eMail is in my profile.

Posts: 826 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billinaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by taguin:
OP, let me know if you need the decocker, I have one sitting around doing nothing. eMail is in my profile.

Thanks! Sent you an email.

Picture of billinaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jsjac:

Oh, yeah. Red Face
Those of us who hardly ever had decockers to use tend to overlook such fine details. Big Grin

Think I just got lucky. I got these parts for 30 bucks.....

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Yes, a very good deal.
It appears that the trigger is the older 8mm version and wouldn't be usable in a DAK to DA/SA conversion, but I believe you are already set for a trigger.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Picture of billinaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, a very good deal.
It appears that the trigger is the older 8mm version and wouldn't be usable in a DAK to DA/SA conversion, but I believe you are already set for a trigger.

Im good with the trigger..... I will put this one aside.

Picture of billinaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, a very good deal.

But still no hammer reset spring?