SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The Sig you never thought of and now you Love
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Sig you never thought of and now you Love Login/Join 
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
P229. Back when I got my P226 I thought they were the lesser, uglier duckling.

Since then I've bought four of them and still own two.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
P210

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In early 2000s, I purchased a NIB P225. I don’t think I shot it more than once with barely a box of 50, then put it away. In the last few months, and with range trips with other pistols I have been taking the 225 to shoot and compare with the new p225 A1. Now, after more than 500rnds, I carry the P225 with great confidence and comfort in a Blackhawk Check-Six. The newer p225A1 is in the safe.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcfiero
posted Hide Post
For me it was the 230/232. My brother in law had a Walther and had problems. I have always loved the look of the Walther. I happened upon a 232 at a shop and picked it up. I was hooked but did not buy that one. It took awhile and I missed out on a few nice ones. I now have two each of the 230 and 232.

Posts: 327 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: June 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
For me, it's the P320. I own a bunch of SIG classic pistols and never really considered one of their polymer pistols.

When I saw that the Army adopted a version of the P320, I thought I would pick one up just because.

After shooting it I thought "Hey, this is a pretty good gun!"

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PeterGV
posted Hide Post
P250.

I mocked the shit out of it, for being DAO and plastic and failing the FAM trials.

Now I have several, and it’s one of my most used CCWs.

Posts: 1318 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
P250. Sure surprised me how comfortable it was to shoot and the nice trigger.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hard to say, but in the wake of the P320 panic, I have more 320's than any other Sig type. I didn't know a lot about them other than I thought they were unattractive, until shooting one at an Operation Specific training course a year ago, I thought I might try one, and ended up buying a few.

Most of mine are back from the upgrade now, just got another back yesterday. I've dumped a case of ammunition through them without any hiccups. I can nitpick at them (lots of small, delicate-looking parts, ugly, etc), but when pointed downrange, they work as advertised and I cannot complain about that.

I've had Sigs for a long time now. I like them. I've bought a few more in the last months...226, 229, 239, 320, etc, and I'll buy more this year if the right pistol comes along. I just gave some away. The striker P320 is great. The double action pull on the P series is great. Ergonomics is great.

I have some 2340's that I bought just because they were available and the price was good; they're worn and beaten. Poor man's P229 for the time. I'd like to find .357 barrels for them; I guess they could be the ones that I didn't think I'd love, but I still don't. I have no reservations about them; they're good pistols, but don't do much for me.

I guess if it's pistols I like more than I thought, either the P320 or Legion 226.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
p6.I cant remember the wholesale seller,but they were selling for 270 a gun about 6 years ago.Minimum of 5 guns.I bought 5,and sold 4.Like an idiot i traded the last one to my dealer.One of the top ten guns in my life i should have kept.

A 226 sport,with comp.I had 3 and was offered an amount that was crazy more than what i paid.Soft shooter,but heavy.I really miss that gun.

226 sport,no comp.Only a couple hundred ever imported,super smooth,same story,sold it.

Not proud of some of my gun sales.Some has to be sold to pay medical expenses.But i could have found something else to sell and kept these guns.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P250.
My first semi-auto and my first SIG.

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
P220 DAO. I ridiculed them until last year, when on a whim I bought a cheap well-used one. It grew on me. The more I use it the better I like it.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
The old 220s with the heel-clip mag release in 9mm and, eventually, .38 Super. Thank the small gods of shooting that I picked up the idea from a thread here before the costs went wild and magazines (largely) dried up. I talk up the 2022 a lot these days, too.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I searched for a few years for a P228 and settled on an M11-A1, which I thought at the time to be the best Sig ever, until I held a P225-A1, now my all time favorite Sig.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The P220.
What an out dated pistol that would surly be made obsolete by the P227 and P320 in .45acp.
Then I held a P220 Legion. It's my Excalibur.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always been smitten by Colt 1911s since the early 1980s. One particular pistol that I remember fondly was a SIG P-225 in factory nickel, with factory wood grips, complete with test target, factory green cardboard box and all the rest of the paperwork. It came with 6 or 7 factory nickel magazines and all made in Germany. I purchased the pistol from a LGS in Woodinville, WA and sold it for more than double what I paid for it to a collector in Issaquah, WA. It was the only SIG that the collector didn't own. For me it was fun and profitable to help a fellow collector. A beautiful firearm.

Posts: 14 | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
For me it was the P230. Being a .380, I wrote it off as something I would never need or want. Now it’s my #1 favorite SIG of all time! Despite the lowly caliber, I just love the thing more than any other SIG I’ve ever owned! Weird, huh?

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4551 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I went to a Crossroads of the West gun show in search of a 9mm target pistol. One dealer offered a NIB X5 Comp, which I'd never heard of at that point. Love at first sight. After a Robert Burke action job, and Hogue G10 checkered grips, I love it even more.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P229 C SAS
In 40 cal
Shorter barrel one
Best gun ever made
My first semi auto
But I just started shooting about 2yrs ago,
Go figure.

Posts: 31 | Location: Vidalia and Savannah Georgia | Registered: September 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P250. With all the abuse thrown this model when it came out, I never took it seriously and didn't buy one. I owned and liked a couple of its siblings, a p239 and a p220. Then I shot a P250sc and really liked the trigger, the size and the weight of the gun. Now i have a P250sc in .45 that I carry frequently and is one of my favorites.

Posts: 59 | Registered: January 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P6

I remember when they showed up in droves a few years back, and should've picked one up then, but didn't want to bother with a single stack Sig that wasn't a 220.

I grabbed one this last Fall, and am completely in love with it.

Posts: 27 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: October 20, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post