SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The Sig you never thought of and now you Love
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Sig you never thought of and now you Love Login/Join 
posted
For me it is the P6. I never even picked one up so when I got one in a package deal.... wow. It has become my big pocket coat pistol. Lucky me...VI

Posts: 646 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
P-239, always thought it made no sense. I have 3 now.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had read about the P225 and P6 here on the forums and in magazines but never held one.

An individual on one of the other forums I visit on occasion had a P6 sale and I snapped it up.

Looking back I paid a little too much but I love it even with the 100lb trigger pull.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P220R Carry. I even badmouthed them when they came out because the only difference between it and a full size P220 was being a half inch shorter. Then I had some cash burning a hole in my pocket and saw one in a pawn shop. Felt so good in the hand and pointed so naturally I made it mine. I remember thinking what kind of a dumbass would pawn something like this? Stopped at the range on the way home and the rest, as they say, was history.

Posts: 478 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226S.... saw it at a gunshow, felt good,looked cool, and was silky smooth. Took a gamble at 1300, and wow...just fun! Had no clue about them.

Posts: 199 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I used to think the 239 was ugly and a dumb design. Now I have 2 and it's one of my favorites. Go figure.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SP2022. Made fun of it when it the SP2340 came out. Bought one just because they were $350 and figured it'd make a good car gun. Ended up liking it enough to use it in 3-gun. Without it, I probably wouldn't have tried other polymer framed pistols.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Had, and was very satisfied with, a 229 back a few years ago. Stumbled upon a like-new Sig 228 CPO (red box) at a pawn shop in Dallas three years ago for $399 & picked it up due to the price alone. I have no words to describe how wonderful this gun is. The 229 is now relegated to the safe.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P239. I thought it was a lesser version of the 225.
Wrong.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
P6 and the P320. I remember thinking, "what use could I possibly have for a low-capacity, single-stack 9mm?" Then I handled one. It went home with me, and was my carry gun for several years.

As to the P320, I was never a big fan of striker fired plastic pistols. I shot a buddy's P250, and liked it, but the trigger pull, while exceptionally smooth, was way too long as was the reset. When they came out with the P320, I thought "meh, it's basically just a striker-fired p250." Then my department started looking at new duty guns to replace our 20 year-old P229s. I lobbied for the G17. They bought P320s. I shot it, and fell in love.

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
Looking back I paid a little too much but I love it even with the 100lb trigger pull.

That's an easy fix. Smile

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My P220 SAO.

Posts: 35 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
I guess you might say the P6. I was a little skeptical since it was a used police pistol imported from Germany.

First range trip changed my mind real fast. Now it's one of my standard carry pistols.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Another here for the 320. I was issued a Glock with one department, qualified well, but didn't care for the grip.

When the 320 came out, I figured it was going to feel similar to the Glock. It felt better in my hand than the 229 which I loved and carried with another department.

Add in the modularity and I was sold.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
P2340 in .40 and .3457sig

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
P229 Legion is a recent joy; had no idea how perfect this feels. P239 remains a surprising comfort.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
P230 SL. I never knew Sig made such a beautiful gun until seeing a gorgeous shape in the used case at a LGS. I asked to see it and was shocked it was a Sig...I was used to blocky, high bore axis guns and was surprised. I kept my eye out and snagged a complete SL example from 1984 from a young cop who used it as his personal BUG. The dept had just changed their rules and he needed to buy a 9mm so he sold it to me for $500 (included the original orange box and three stainless mags). The gun was older than he was; he bought it from a cop who was retiring a few years back who'd had it from new and it was his BUG since then.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
SHR-970. Didn't realize SIG made hunting rifles until I came across the one I ultimately bought. It's been a great deer gun, and its barrel interchangeability is a big plus.

With pistolas: truthfully, any of them. I never seriously considered owning any SIG other than perhaps the P210 until my brother cajoled me into buying my first, a P229R. Now I have too many of them...and I wouldn't have it any other way. They didn't come close to curing me of my Glockaholism but it's been mostly a fun ride to date regardless.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226.

I thought it was big and bulky for a 9mm. I now have 3.

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
P320

Never thought I would like a polymer pistol or a striker fired. It has become my EDC and one of my most accurate pistols. Not the most fun, however. I would have to say my Ruger in Super Blackhawk in .44Mag is one of my most fun shooters.

Posts: 1768 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post