SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The Sig you never thought of and now you Love
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Sig you never thought of and now you Love Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
P239. My first one purchased many moons ago was in 40 S and W. Then added a 357 Sig barrel and later a 9mm. I have accumulated about a dozen mags ,mostlty in 40 S&W, that I use for all calibers. In 9mm, the 239 is extremely accurate. Accurate to the point that I may start using it in IDPA. The DA/SA is not a concern as the action on this is very smooth. It is fun to re-discover some things!

Posts: 167 | Location: Central Florida-Behind the orange safety cones | Registered: July 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Sig Pro. Didn't think much of it, bought a couple of them, sold them. Bought another one, sold it. Now I have one and will be keeping it.

I've grown to appreciate it.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
320. Wasn't interested, thought they were just trying to get rid of p250 frames. Out comes the x5. Loved it, got 2. Just a regular full size p320 and am wondering why I waited so long.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Western Marshal comes to mind. Splitting hairs with this one as it is from J.P. Sauer & Sohn and not a Sig.

Bought it for $100. Fun to shoot in .44 Magnum. Big Grin

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
P-239, always thought it made no sense. I have 3 now.

Looking for my third... Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cannot believe that I am the first to mention this pistol: P938

I have always been a Sig DA/SA guy and had no desire to go SAO. I bought one as a BUG and struggled through some reliability issues (stove pipes, 2 piece guide rod disassembly, main spring housing wear, loosening grip screws, etc), but finally worked through them all. The P938 has graduated to full-time primary carry. I have run 500+ rounds through it since my last malfunction, which was a stove pipe caused by my weak hand thumb riding the slide on weak 115 gr practice ammo. Trust my life to this pistol. Will buy another.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Early GSR 1911.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P250

My son bought a P250 as soon as they came out, but that gun crapped out within 500 rounds and my son sold its replacement as soon as it arrived from SIG.

Eight years later I bought a P320, but its trigger was too light and short for my taste in a carry gun. The P320's modularity prompted me to take another look at a new P250 and it had exactly what I was looking for in a carry gun's trigger.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My P225A1...just enough thinner, shorter and lighter than its bigger brother (an M-11A1) to make it much easier to daily carry. Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 725 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
P320. When it came out, it was an obvious conversion from a P250. I now own 6 variants. 2 X5, a X carry, a Carry with RMR, and 2 compacts.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
P-239, always thought it made no sense. I have 3 now.

Looking for my third... Cool

I now have 4 Razz

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
220 carry... who knew? Didn't see the rationale at all, after carrying the std 220 for 20 years, half an inch shorter did nothing for me. Then Sig went with the solid stainless slide. 220ST worked great but heavy. And then I tried a newer 220 and just subjectively liked my older model. Until I tried the 22O carry SAS! I felt an incredible difference, much better balanced than the new std rail alloy 220s, and better than mine. And of course Sig discontinues! At least I've got one for my off duty and retirement EDC.

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Sig Pro 2022 9mm
P239 9mm

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I saw a new 9mm SIG X5 Competition at a Crossroads of the West gun show. I didn’t know that they existed until that moment. I bought it on the spot. It now has a Robert Burke action job and Hogue G10 black-gray checkered grips. Love it.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
German 2003 Sig P225, great feel and shoots like a laser.

Posts: 41 | Location: Spencerport, New York | Registered: June 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
P227 Carry. Great gun.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
P245. Had one for about a week, many years ago. It just didn't feel right. Now I appreciate what it was and want one back. Some day.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a one who thought there was no need for a P228, I was happy with my P226's and P229 SAS Gen II and just didn't understand all of the buzz over P228"s.

That all changed about a month ago when a local shop had a hardly used P228 with 10 round German dovetail magazines and a rubber Hogue grip. After handling it and giving it a look over, they told me the price and I told them to wrap it up.

I got it home and added a set of Hogue black G10's; after two trips to the range I think I need to get another one of these Smile

I guess, never say never.

StarchedCover

Posts: 176 | Location: The Blue Ridge Mountains of NC | Registered: October 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
P239. Puts easy in EDC...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The P225A. Big fan of the classic P225, and didn't think this was worthy of the name. Picked one up recently and it's a great shooter. I love it. They should have called it something else to avoid confusion and comparison but this is a great pistol.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post