SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 German or recent P220
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 German or recent P220 Login/Join 
posted
Looking to get a P220 to add to my collection. Torn between a German made Nickel gun or a 2014 model P220. Either one priced at about 600.00.

Posts: 7 | Location: Acushnet,Ma USA | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you planning on shooting it a lot or will it be more of a collectors item?

Posts: 166 | Registered: February 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by linkscoach:
Are you planning on shooting it a lot or will it be more of a collectors item?
Occasional shooting. I already have P225, P239, P228, P226 P320. And a host of non-sigs. Going to be doing some Sig Armorer work and thought I should spend some time with a P220.

Posts: 7 | Location: Acushnet,Ma USA | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I personally like the balance of the German P220's with the folded slide. Having both, my German Sig is my favorite.

Posts: 25 | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I'm kind of partial to the German, more specifically the West German ones Wink

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Find a nice German framed one or date coded German example.
Not hating on the new Sigs, there's just something about the older ones.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A classic German SIG is never the wrong answer!

Posts: 2482 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Another vote the classic German P220.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Mine is a W. German of the first shipment to the US with the American mag release.

I bought it in 87.

It has been flawless. No jams, stove pipes, etc. Feeds every shape bullet of every weight.

From target to +P, my reloads have challenged it and it has never faltered.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
I second the notion where if it is for shooting, buy American; if it is for collecting and occasional shooting, go German.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Seems to be a pattern here...

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duster:
Looking to get a P220 to add to my collection. Torn between a German made Nickel gun or a 2014 model P220. Either one priced at about 600.00.

The old one, I would pick, whether shooting or collecting.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I too will vote for the older P-220. Just a personal preference for me.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Seems to be a pattern here...

Yep. Another vote for the German one.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
One of my grail guns is a W. German P220 to hang out with my old P228 & P226. So there is my opinion haha.. And I shoot them both a lot and always will.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
German.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post