SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    29R-40-ARCENT
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

29R-40-ARCENT Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone else ever seen one of these? Born April 2010. It took 3 calls to Sig before I received more information about it. Arcent is Army Central command, which I was able to find out myself but I wanted to know how many were made. There was 48 pistols ordered and 48 delivered. SCORE!

Posts: 2 | Location: Washington  | Registered: July 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
One of those special engraving program guns that SIG does from time to time.

https://www.sigsauer.com/commemorative/

https://www.sigsauer.com/wp-co...arm-Request-2018.pdf

Welcome to the forum, btw.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I know. I'm wondering if anyone has seen another One of these. Only 48 made is cool and makes it a keeper for me.

Posts: 2 | Location: Washington  | Registered: July 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Now you'll have to track down the other 47. Big Grin

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, a commemorative buy via SIG. Many units do them, I've seen them for aviation squadrons, army units, and others.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Am I reading the title correctly that the gun is a .40 caliber? If so, why a .40 for a military unit?

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
Am I reading the title correctly that the gun is a .40 caliber? If so, why a .40 for a military unit?

It's not for use by the military unit.

It's a commemorative pistol for members of that unit. Basically just a group buy, where members of that unit got together and ordered a small batch of pistols with custom engraving. Most likely to commemorate their deployment.

Any group or organization can do it, with whatever engraving they want, on whatever type of pistol they want, as long as they're willing to order a minimum of 25 pistols. 12131 posted the links where you can put an order in.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

It's a commemorative pistol for members of that unit. Basically just a group buy, where members of that unit got together and ordered a small batch of pistols with custom engraving. Most likely to commemorate their deployment.

Any group or organization can do it, with whatever engraving they want, on whatever type of pistol they want, as long as they're willing to order a minimum of 25 pistols. 12131 posted the links where you can put an order in.

Yep. For OEF X-XI, we had a choice between ordering a P250 or a 1911 from Sig engraved with the 10th MTN logo and motto. Guess which one I went with... Big Grin

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, as others have said. I doubt it has any real collectors value aside from the people who ordered them, but cool non the less.

I have a G19 done through a similar program buy from SOCCENT. Nice and cool (and a cool gift for my father) but I would assume only worth anything to me, and maybe some others who did time at SOCCENT

Posts: 760 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Yep. For OEF X-XI, we had a choice between ordering a P250 or a 1911 from Sig engraved with the 10th MTN logo and motto. Guess which one I went with... Big Grin

LMAO

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post