SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thinking about p210
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinking about p210 Login/Join 
posted
I'm contemplating purchasing one. Looking for comments good and bad from owners. How's the trigger pull, accuracy, is it better than the Sig 1911. Thanks.

Posts: 14 | Registered: January 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Have you tried the search function?

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4578 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes I have done a search but I didn't find a post that really focused on the P210. To be more specific I am looking for info on the newer model P210 Target model.

Posts: 14 | Registered: January 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Most reports are stellar. I have one and have been thoroughly pleased with it. It is a great gun for the money.

I had a Legend but have never had a Swiss 210. Fit and finish is comparable to the German master shop stuff.

There are several on here more knowledgeable than I who have spoken at length on the new 210.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
Q (12131) has provided a lot of good info on it. Refer to the links I posted in this thread:

Links

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cxm
posted Hide Post
Well... I finally got to the range to shoot the newly acquired P210 SIG (U.S. Made) and I have to admit I am impressed... really impressed... Maybe in awe would be a better description.

In an earlier post I commented on my first impressions of this American made SIG 210. Honestly, I was more than a little skeptical of how this pistol would stand up when compared to a Swiss made example of the same gun. Given that the typical Swiss P210 can run four times the price of the U.S. production I really was not sure what to expect. I had heard reports the U.S. made gun is very accurate and certainly hoped those reports were accurate...

Happily the new P210 did not disappoint...

I decided to use two types of ammunition to do the initial firing of the SIG. So getting ready to head to the range I got out two boxes of my 115gr copper plated lead round nose ammo and two boxes of 147gr copper plated round nose ammunition. This ammunition was nothing out of the ordinary...it is mixed brass that I clean and polish before reloading and then polish briefly after reloading to remove the tool marks from the case.

So, once comfortably settled down at the range I hung some targets (10x10" size) and moved the target carrier to 15 yards... the max distance the range offers. I started out with the 115gr loads.

The 210 digested the 115gr load flawlessly... and it proved a very accurate load indeed... I had rather expected the 115gr to be the more accurate of the two loads (and this proved to be the case) given most European 9x19 is 115gr and given the 210 was designed in Europe.

Here is the first target....

This target is five rounds of 115gr PLRN range ammo. This was about par for the performance of the 115gr handload. A few targets had some called flyers but the 210 delivered consistently excellent results with this ammo.

After finishing up a box of 115gr 9x19 I switched to 147gr PLRN to see how it worked in the SIG.

Here is the first target using 147gr ammo:

This target is five rounds of 147gr PLRN again at 15yds.

Groups using 147gr ammo were fractionally larger than the 115gr, but the differences were so small as to be negligible.

So, I have to say I am very pleased with the results. I really didn't expect a 9mm pistol by any maker to deliver accuracy of such a high level (particularly with my old eyes.)

I guess the bottom line is "Highly Recommended."

V/r

Chuck

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1346 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
That's some good shootin', there, Chuck. Wish I could do nearly that well with my P210A.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As soon as a compact model hits the market, I will bust out my credit card.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
As soon as a compact model hits the market, I will bust out my credit card.

And when that's going to be?

Meanwhile, I have a Standard model am very happy with accuracy, trigger and appearance. I shoot service pistol matches locally with it. I also have a used Holsterwelt holster and 5 mags for it. So you can say I am invested in this thing.

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I bought a P210T probably two years back when the P210 Targets hit the market.
Have had it the range several times and it is very accurate. I would not hesitate to buy one of the P210 models.

HK Ag

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cxm:
Well... I finally got to the range to shoot the newly acquired P210 SIG (U.S. Made) and I have to admit I am impressed... really impressed... Maybe in awe would be a better description.

In an earlier post I commented on my first impressions of this American made SIG 210. Honestly, I was more than a little skeptical of how this pistol would stand up when compared to a Swiss made example of the same gun. Given that the typical Swiss P210 can run four times the price of the U.S. production I really was not sure what to expect. I had heard reports the U.S. made gun is very accurate and certainly hoped those reports were accurate...

Happily the new P210 did not disappoint...

I decided to use two types of ammunition to do the initial firing of the SIG. So getting ready to head to the range I got out two boxes of my 115gr copper plated lead round nose ammo and two boxes of 147gr copper plated round nose ammunition. This ammunition was nothing out of the ordinary...it is mixed brass that I clean and polish before reloading and then polish briefly after reloading to remove the tool marks from the case.

So, once comfortably settled down at the range I hung some targets (10x10" size) and moved the target carrier to 15 yards... the max distance the range offers. I started out with the 115gr loads.

The 210 digested the 115gr load flawlessly... and it proved a very accurate load indeed... I had rather expected the 115gr to be the more accurate of the two loads (and this proved to be the case) given most European 9x19 is 115gr and given the 210 was designed in Europe.

Here is the first target....

This target is five rounds of 115gr PLRN range ammo. This was about par for the performance of the 115gr handload. A few targets had some called flyers but the 210 delivered consistently excellent results with this ammo.

After finishing up a box of 115gr 9x19 I switched to 147gr PLRN to see how it worked in the SIG.

Here is the first target using 147gr ammo:

This target is five rounds of 147gr PLRN again at 15yds.

Groups using 147gr ammo were fractionally larger than the 115gr, but the differences were so small as to be negligible.

So, I have to say I am very pleased with the results. I really didn't expect a 9mm pistol by any maker to deliver accuracy of such a high level (particularly with my old eyes.)

I guess the bottom line is "Highly Recommended."

V/r

Chuck

Is this support, two hand or one handed?

Posts: 11 | Registered: November 30, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice grouping. Is that 15 yards standing ?

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
Cool, if one or two handed standing and consecutive targets, it's pretty close to the standing CISM world record. Respect!

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post