SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Lets talk 10 MM ??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lets talk 10 MM ?? Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I started with a G20. Enjoyed the daylights out of it.
Then I got a 1911 in 10mm (rock island)

I now have a G20 with a 40SW conversion barrel.
A G40 with an RMR and two 1911 pattern pistols in 10mm (the original Rock Island and a full size Ruger)
And a P220

And I’m still enjoying the daylights out of all of them.

Might add a GP100 in 10 at some point.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hudr,

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SPG:
I like my 1076

So do I. Want to sell it to me? Wink

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm in absolutely no hurry to make a decision.

Hold out for a bit longer to see if a P320 pops up? If not, I'm voting for the P220.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T.Webb:
So, my question is ... would you look for a striker fired 10MM, or a 1911 style?

Neither. I have, and like tremendously, the SIG P220 Elite 10mm SAO. It is similar to a 1911 in that it has a thumb safety, which works somewhat differently than a 1911 (blocks the trigger bar rather than the slide). Lipseys put out the best models, and I understand from reading here they are getting scarcer. About 3 years ago, I got the Nitron all steel model that Lipseys offered. The SIG balances very well and its weight really tames the recoil of Underwood loads. The rear adjustable sight is nice to have for adjustment, but it really shines in its nice square picture.

I also have the Ruger Wiley Clapp model GP-100 in 10mm. It is also a good shooter, but the SIG outperforms it, probably due to more weight, a longer sight radius, and being SAO. The Ruger DA trigger can be tuned to a very nice clean pull, and it is also easy to stage the trigger. I prefer not to practice staging because in a real use situation I will most certainly pull straight through.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
I'm in absolutely no hurry to make a decision.

Hold out for a bit longer to see if a P320 pops up? If not, I'm voting for the P220.

If Sig came out with a P320 full-size in 10mm, and particularly if it had the same dimensions at the P320 .45 ACP full-size so it would work in the holster for my existing P320, I might have to bite on that.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Springfield XDM in 10mm, I love it. Having 16rds of 10mm is reassuring.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I've got a Dan Wesson Razorback 1911 in 10mm as well as a Ruger 3" GP100. I really like the GP100, moon clips can be a PITA but make for fast reloads. It's just a good do anything revolver.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Personally I like a 10mm case necked down for a 9mm round....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought a P220 Elite SAO in 10mm. I am totally impressed with the way this gun handles that cartridge. I owned a Glock 20 for a while and I can say, at least IMHO, that the Glock can't compare. Yes, and I too had to go into scrounge mode to find components. I'm pretty well set now, however.
Good Luck

Posts: 6 | Location: Kent, WA | Registered: September 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. I hadn't thought about the P220 or a revolver in 10MM.

More to think on.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It depends what you're going to use the gun for.

Mainly to punch holes in paper, I'd go 1911.

If it was for woods protection, I'd lean more towards Glock.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Mine was meant primarily for woods protection. I went 1911. But two components of my decision were I like 1911s and I wouldn't have to buy holsters and mag pouches.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SPG:
I like my 1076

I have a 1006 and it is great to shoot.

Posts: 868 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

---------------------------------
I know my nation best. That's why I despise it the most. And I know and love my own people too, the swine. I'm a patriot. A dangerous man --Edward Abbey

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager." - William S. Burroughs

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
I have owned Glock G20, G29, and G40 pistols in the past along with other handguns.

My current 10mm handguns are two Colt Delta Elite 1911s, a 7 1/2" Ruger Super Redhawk revolver, and a Springfield Armory TRP Operator 1911.

The 1911s are my EDC handguns.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have not shot my 10s in a while. Glock 29&20, S&W 1026 & 1076, Colt 1911s X2, Razorback 10mm, S&W revolver

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wxl,

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:

I hate you more every time you whip out this photo. Your 10mm MP5 makes me weak with envy.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Loswsmith,
As much as I love the 10MM Auto cartridge. When I go shooting with my agency buddies, the one they ask me to bring along is the MP5/357

It is probably because that is their issue ammunition and they can bring food to feed the HK

quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:

I hate you more every time you whip out this photo. Your 10mm MP5 makes me weak with envy.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post