SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    WML Adapter for Hi Powers
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WML Adapter for Hi Powers Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Kill it with fire.

Perhaps a Dawson rail could be made to work, but what's wrong, just once, for having a gun without a rail?

Posts: 1732 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Kill it with fire.

Perhaps a Dawson rail could be made to work, but what's wrong, just once, for having a gun without a rail?

No rail pistols are nice. They're made without a rail for a reason.
My 1982 P225, Sig 1911 Ultra Compact, Kahr K9, CZ 85 & P239 don't have a rail and I won't get an adapter for them.
I have pistols with a rail and bought them for that reason.
To each his/her own though.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 1331 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Some pistols aren't meant for tactical rails. The Hi-Power is one of them.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 4912 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No rail for me, especially on a Hi-Power. I have one SigP 226 Elite Stainless with a rail, but wish I could of got it without the rail.

Posts: 271 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
Its like putting a snowmobile suit on Grace Kelly.
LOLOL

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Posts: 1115 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
I have to admit, I threw up in my mouth a little too when I saw this. Literally!

John Browning is turning over in his grave, wow!

The horror, the horror...

==================================

Posts: 462 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I'll bet you a gun novice, who has never seen a Hi-Power, would say it's pretty good looking. Space age, you know?

I like space-age looking guns

I think it looks like garbage Big Grin

The philosophy of protectionism is a philosophy of war. - Ludwig von Mises
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DhagKyvDck

Posts: 6683 | Location: Live from the high desert and the great American southwest! | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is the OP's money and choice.......but, that will never be put on any of my BHPs!!

Posts: 3340 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
his money ,his shitty taste.
My pristine BHP will never have to worry about me messing with perfection

Posts: 20658 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
his money ,his shitty taste.
My pristine BHP will never have to worry about me messing with perfection

The only shitty taste I have is when some one demeans me for posting an item I thought would be useful, and said I would give it a tryout.

美しい犬

Posts: 3773 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I like it.
I never really warmed up to my P35.
This gives it a post-modern found-object space movie feel.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26134 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Yuck. Spegals for grips, and maybe an extended barrel for a suppressor.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 24084 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
Picture of soggy_spinout
posted Hide Post
I get it that compared to the classic 'bones' that's under this add-on, it pales on the aesthetics side. But I could also argue that there are actual polymer pistols that this screw-on adapter arguably looks better than (Ruger American, anyone?). If it works, then it does what it's intended for, and the user doesn't have to learn and train for another gun's operation.

Posts: 6804 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BHP is one of the sexist pistols ever made. This thing is like putting some frumpy flannel pajamas on a supermodel.

Posts: 625 | Location: Southeast PA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
Don Williams customized BHP with a rail.

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10446 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
posted Hide Post
Sorry. I'm not a fan of adding a rail to the Hi Power.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is.

Posts: 7651 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Replacement Tommel
posted January 12, 2017 12:20 PM
Don Williams customized BHP with a rail.

Very nicely done. And thanks for posting your photo.
I have considered going that route ( fastened on with screws, then silver soldered), and it is. much more sveltle than the Recover Tactical
offering. Mr Williams work is impeccable, as he has done work on a Hi Power for me years ago.

But I am still very interested in the Recover Tactical system, underneath that plastic, I know its the familar Hi Power. I am not a "Bubba", and appreciate fine workmanship, like that Hi Power of Replacement Tommel's, but If I think a concept is good I will try it, and I think the Recover Tactical is a good concept.

美しい犬

Posts: 3773 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post