SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    WML Adapter for Hi Powers
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WML Adapter for Hi Powers Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...-new-hi-power-grips/

Found this in The Firearm Blog, Recover Tactical to begin making rail adapter for Hi Powers, similar to their 1911 series.

I will most likely buy one.

美しい犬

Posts: 3872 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Yuk.

"Unfortunately, the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket."

Posts: 19282 | Location: Young American Teen Club | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Yuk.

I agree. That's an abomination.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 1464 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Depends on how you look at it. If you are a died in the wool Hi Power guy who sees it as nothing more the a tool or weapon then this isn't a horrible idea at all.

If however you are me......well let's just say this is more my idea of a Hi Power and leave it at that Smile.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 2326 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's ugly. But I'll take functional over pretty any day.

(Although functional and pretty is preferred... Wink )

So cosmetics aside, if you need/want a weaponlight on your Hi-Power, this appears to be a better option than the existing bolt-on rails, like these:

Posts: 17720 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
That is just wrong so many ways.

Posts: 4047 | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
My God.

The very thought should be illegal.

Posts: 9899 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You ain't got no duct tape?

Posts: 12584 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Unless they've improved their product I'd pass. A while ago a member posted the Beretta 92 version. My interest was peaked so I ordered a set. Taking the two halves out of the packaging they were noticeably warped. While the product fit the rail section drooped away from the dust and the area around the grip was sloppy. And it adds a trough to the trigger guard similar to some HK models that some find annoying. It was promptly returned for refund.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 1822 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I'll bet you a gun novice, who has never seen a Hi-Power, would say it's pretty good looking. Space age, you know?

Posts: 11585 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Its like putting a snowmobile suit on Grace Kelly.

Posts: 9899 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Yeah, it's ugly. But I'll take functional over pretty any day.

(Although functional and pretty is preferred... Wink )

So cosmetics aside, if you need/want a weaponlight on your Hi-Power, this appears to be a better option than the existing bolt-on rails, like these:

This is depicted installed on a rare, left handed High Power.

"Unfortunately, the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket."

Posts: 19282 | Location: Young American Teen Club | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
Picture of Dusty78
posted Hide Post
I would rather get shot in the dark then use one of those Razz

Posts: 10881 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
rare, left handed High Power

Big Grin

Just lazy graphic design. "Why bother searching for a photo of the left side of a Hi-Power when we can just flip the image we have? Nobody will notice..."

Posts: 17720 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Since Sig Forum liked it so well, I am posting a picture of the other side. Kinda makes it look Glockish.

Geesh

美しい犬

Posts: 3872 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of roberth
posted Hide Post
Looks aside, does it interfere with the operation of the Hi Power? Does it meet the needs of a market segment?

Posts: 10004 | Location: Westminster, Colorado | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
Picture of Dusty78
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
Looks aside, does it interfere with the operation of the Hi Power? Does it meet the needs of a market segment?

If that market segment is looking for the ugliest and slipperiest gun on earth then yes. Those grips look like they provide zero traction.

Posts: 10881 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
The words "butt ugly" come to mind.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 554 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Stippled (or Talon Grips) on a 1911 Recover grip with another ugly mother.
From TTAG website.

美しい犬

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Stippled (or Talon Grips) on a 1911 Recover grip with another ugly mother.
From TTAG website.

why would someone do that a Colt, or a HiPower?

www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Posts: 5520 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post