SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 ammo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 ammo Login/Join 
posted
I found a decent price on a 9mm P320 and wondered if anyone has found any ammo brands it doesn't like and can you tell me if it is +P rated. I think my P238 would shoot rocks if you could load them. It seems to like everything I feed it.

Posts: 207 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Your new P320 will shoot whatever you feed it. Try a few different kinds and see if one gives you better accuracy.

Not sure about the +P issue.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine has fired the traditional 9mm weights fine- 115, 124 and 147. These include handloads and factory ammo. Some have been +p 124 grain Gold Dots as well as some Federal Hydra shock.

The general consensus on +p is that it will increase wear due to the increased slide velocity and pressure. I believe the manual addresses this but I couldn't find it if I tried. It will fire +P. I wouldn't hesitate to fire several hundred or more in mine.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've fired a wide variety thru mine in a short period of time. It's handled everything, including my sometimes crappy reloads.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rockyriver
posted Hide Post
Mine likes everything I throw at it.

Posts: 38 | Registered: January 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doe
posted Hide Post
+P is SAMMI spec and is fine in a P320. +P+ is a no.

Posts: 64 | Location: Land of Oz. | Registered: March 09, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lmacrichter:
I found a decent price on a 9mm P320 and wondered if anyone has found any ammo brands it doesn't like and can you tell me if it is +P rated. I think my P238 would shoot rocks if you could load them. It seems to like everything I feed it.

Broke down and bought the 320 today. Can't wait to get it on the range next week.

Posts: 207 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
+p is fine, but it will accelerate wear to some degree.

No manufacturer will ever approve +p+ because it isn't a Sammi spec and has no defined upper limit. Approving its use would put a manufacturer in jeapordy with regards to liability should someone blow themselves up with a ridiculous overcharge. I've sent some 9bple down range through mine with no signs of a problem. If I was going to shoot it often I'd make sure to stay on top of recoil spring changes and expect to see early wear.

Honestly though, with today's projectiles +p really isn't needed. 147 gr HST and Gold Dot, and even the 124 gr standard HST load, performs nearly perfectly when tested through denim and into gel.

I've yet to shoot anything through my 320 that it wouldn't feed, either with the full sized or compact upper. I've become a big fan of the pistol.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Mine is strictly for the games, so I shoot my standard 9mm load of 147 FMJRN Precision Delta bullets over 3.9 gr WSF, which makes minor power factor with plenty to spare. My overriding philosophy for the games in any caliber has been to go with FMJ RN bullets. You don't want feeding problems on the clock.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post