SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I stepped out of bound, I'm sorry.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I stepped out of bound, I'm sorry. Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted
I apologize for my unnecessary COVID19 postings. I have embarrassed myself in front of my invisible internet friends.

I am 73 years old and diabetic. This virus could be deadly to me, and it causes me serious concern. More worrying to me, my wife is 76 and not in 100% good health. This could also me deadly to her. If I go, she will be really in trouble. I have to watch her like a hawk when she is in the kitchen.
She will put something on the stove on HIGH, then leave the kitchen and go do something else. She does remember to feed the dog.

My wife and I live alone, and can’t visit with our adult children. Our church is closed. My wife’s friends anr, like us, “sheltered in place”. I have no associates locally that I can reach out to. Our public shooting range is closed. All news is only about the COVID19 virus. Our local TV stations seem more interested in posting the new updated numbers of cases. I braved going to WalMart today just to get out of the house. I bought a pack of toilet paper that we didn’t need, just to do something.

I come to this place, SIGFORUM, for knowledge and to enjoy the many different subjects posted. Lately, it seems as if it has become more like BREAKING NEWS----COVID, COVID, COVID. I guess I allowed it to overcome me, but I am addicted to reading SIGFORUM. I should have just turned off my computer and forgot about it for awhile.

It has rained for 13 of the last 14 days, so getting outside and doing something has been damned near impossible.

There is no bread or bread products in any of the local markets.

SIGFORUM has been my refuge for almost 10 years.

Please accept my apology. I am truly sorry if I offended anyone.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am rather new to this forum but visit many other firearms related forums along with some others. No need for apologies. My wife and I have the same age spread but are each a year older and I have some of the same concerns, although my wife is not forgetful like that.

We are in the same boat, no family near by, Our only son and his family is about 320 miles away and my only sister about 300, so we are on our own.

I just picked up a new P365, and have a spring kit and flat trigger ordered for it, so when they arrive will take it down, do a trigger job polishing some of the internal moving/sliding parts and otherwise be occupied for a good part of that day. Today I just greased it up and hand cycled 150-200 times and that smoothed things up quite a bit.

Right now with all the rain we have been having
I simply cannot get out to do much. I suspect the private range I use here in E Texas is soaked and a bog right now, at least the part I generally use. Weather permitting I will take the wife out for a drive tomorrow, as some wildflowers are starting to bloom.

Posts: 45 | Registered: May 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not out of bounds, sir. You have reason for your concerns. My own parents are homebound, in poor health, Alzheimer's and/or Dementia, and semi-ambulatory. I would prefer to be able to care for them more personally, but of course, I could literally kill them with my kindness. So thankful my sister moved in with them months back to be the caregiver.

In short, I hope you all weather this storm as well!

"I won't engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

Posts: 29 | Location: TX | Registered: October 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No need to apologize Johnny - your concerns are real and legitimate as any have been (serious as a heart attack, as they say).

As for offending here in SF...well...I can help ease the pain there. There are those here as intolerant as any Liberal has ever been. For example, if a thread is 'celebratory' then you must not even whisper a sound of 'negative nanny' aspects...else, you run the risk of being raked through the coals. True story. I swear at times the mods are tried-and-true Liberals masking as gun enthusiasts...which is fine, if they'd leave their intolerance at the door (you know the adage, a tiger's stripes and all).

At the end of the day, those offended by something seriously real for you can stick it where the sun doesn't shine. You and yours are in my family's prayers.

Posts: 558 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hang in their pal, it'll be over soon enough.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're good, buddy. I can understand your concerns, for sure.

Maybe try to connect in person with a SIG Forum member in your area? I know some may say bad idea, but I tell you, we are social creatures designed to relate to each other in person, and a good conversation goes along way toward physical/mental/emotional health.

Take care, and post away, my friend.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteadyHand:

As for offending here in SF...well...I can help ease the pain there. There are those here as intolerant as any Liberal has ever been. For example, if a thread is 'celebratory' then you must not even whisper a sound of 'negative nanny' aspects...else, you run the risk of being raked through the coals. True story. I swear at times the mods are tried-and-true Liberals masking as gun enthusiasts...which is fine, if they'd leave their intolerance at the door (you know the adage, a tiger's stripes and all).

HUH? Please explain further...

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
quote:
Originally posted by SteadyHand:

HUH? Please explain further...

Dont encourage him.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
It looks like there will be a good chance that many of us will find our patience and reason taxed. Hang in there, Johnny 3eagles, as of today, we're all bozos on this particular bus.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Hi Johnny
We all have far more in common here than some would wish to acknowledge. But talking with your friends breaks the sense of isolation that magnifies all our fears. Why not shoot me your phone number in an email to bruce@grayguns.com? I'm feeling cooped up myself right now.

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
No harm done. I was actually going to do a thread called “Has your edc changed since corona” until I saw yours.

I wish you were closer to me, I’d take you to my range. Contact Bruce. He’s an interesting guy. Or me if you’d like. Hang in there.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grayguns and Ruger 357 - Class act both of you. From a random observer: Thank you for your understanding and kindness.

Posts: 16 | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
SteadyHand, you are on indefinite moderated status. You had a run-in with arcwelder and your feelings got hurt. Well, big damn deal. Members get admonished on this board from time to time and usually, they handle it fairy well, unlike you, who can't let some spat go.

You can can stay in this forum or you can leave. Either is all the same to me, but the one thing I can tell you is that you are not going to use the threads of others as an opportunity to piss and moan.

Don't like it? Then, leave. I stood up for you at the time, as I recall, and just because you had a spat with a staff member you're shitting all over my board. That's the last time you do that.

You like it here? You can stay. Don't like it here? Then, don't hang around and piss and moan when the opportunity arises. Just leave. It's up to you, but I do not tolerate the kind of shit you're putting out right now.

It's screwed up, man, that you actually put your little pissing in a thread like this. Very selfish. No regard for the OP.

I imagine after this, you'll take your football and go home. I don't particularly care.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The kindness and generosity in this forum is second to none. Real people here with real feelings and we understand fear, being cooped up, and being lonely.

Just a young 42 here, still scary, and if my parents were still alive I would be terrified for them.

Stay safe and keep shooting

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
So true! This is really an extraordinary place in the big ol' internet.

I'm 40 and scared, too. I would never let my wife, kids and family know that, though. I come here for some normalcy on a daily basis. My parents are alive but my mother has been very sick (the flu but improving everyday) and my Pops is almost three hours away but healthy, thankgoodness. I check on them daily in case they need anything. (My deadbeat oldest brother lives with my mom but he does seem to take good care of her).

So, Johnny, no need to apologize at all. Always reach out if you need anything. That is what we are here for!

quote:
Originally posted by mhughes:
The kindness and generosity in this forum is second to none. Real people here with real feelings and we understand fear, being cooped up, and being lonely.

Just a young 42 here, still scary, and if my parents were still alive I would be terrified for them.

Stay safe and keep shooting

Posts: 3442 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I still don't know what you did. Confused

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post