SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CHP S&W 3rd Gen Excellence
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CHP S&W 3rd Gen Excellence Login/Join 
posted

If anyone is still of the belief that .40 S&W is a good cartridge (By the way TargetUSA has 180gr Fed HST for $14.99 per 50). The California Highway Patrol 4006TSW and 4013TSW are an excellent value right now. I have always liked these 3rd gen S&W's and they do stack up nicely to my classic Sig's at about half the price. Available at Summit Gun Broker and other dealers.

And if you weren't sure they are definitely "TACTICAL" Wink

Posts: 163 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Very nice! What condition were the ones you received?

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
When the CHP 4006 came out I was absolutely IN LOVE. I looked around occasionally for one for sale but never found any (or people wanted exorbitant prices). I ended up buying another 4006 that became my absolut favorite 40 S&W. When these bacame available I picked one up and sold my other one. I have been pruning my 40 collection the last few years and eventually this will be the only one I own. It handles the caliber extraordinarily well. It won't be going anywhere.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcowboyscr:
Very nice! What condition were the ones you received?

The 4006TSW from Summit was received in Very Good condition. It had obviously been shot some, but had only minor wear, mostly to the right side of the grip. All three magazines were also excellent.

I purchased the 4013TSW from another forum. It was also a CHP turn in, but honestly must not have been issued as it has practically no wear anywhere. I chose to buy this one because it had excellent pictures and I was more concerned about condition of the alloy frame.

The 4006TSW in particular is a well built piece of all stainless steel, it would be tough to wear one of them out. All the ones I have seen purchased are in Very Good to Excellent condition.

They don't come with boxes, but the standard blue plastic cases are available direct from S&W for cheap.

Posts: 163 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
FYI....

One sees the S&W plastic boxes for sale on GB and the gun sites for $50+.

Brownells had them on sale a time back, they were $15 each.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post