SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Kahr 'S' Series
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Kahr 'S' Series Login/Join 
posted
Kahr's new S9 and ST9 with rails.

http://www.kahr.com/s-series.asp

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Well that’s just dumb. So sad to see a company like Kahr that was once so innovative stuck in the endless loop of crap. They haven’t made anything “NEW” since the P380. Gimmicky finishes and now useless rails seem to be their new MO.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Yawn

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well - I'm going to have to go against the grain here. The rails might be a little on the gimmicky side - but their 9mm pistols are solid. I have a CM9 and have had zero problems with it. I prolly wouldn't use the rail - but I think the reinforced/thicker dust cover area is good. That area looks weak and un-supported (for the slide rails) on mine - but I've had no problems with it and I haven't seen any issues mentioned on the Google. Kahr's action and lockwork are pretty well proven - I've got a second one on my want list for next year. That said, truth in advertising, I have sold my Kahr CW380 because it was too difficult to rack the slide - the slide was just too small. Not a problem with my CM9...

Posts: 419 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeoJelly:
Well - I'm going to have to go against the grain here. The rails might be a little on the gimmicky side - but their 9mm pistols are solid. I have a CM9 and have had zero problems with it. I prolly wouldn't use the rail - but I think the reinforced/thicker dust cover area is good. That area looks weak and un-supported (for the slide rails) on mine - but I've had no problems with it and I haven't seen any issues mentioned on the Google. Kahr's action and lockwork are pretty well proven - I've got a second one on my want list for next year. That said, truth in advertising, I have sold my Kahr CW380 because it was too difficult to rack the slide - the slide was just too small. Not a problem with my CM9...

No one is saying they don’t make good guns. What we are saying is that they haven’t made anything new or innovating in years. In my opinion the K9 and MK9 are the best Guns Kahr ever made but they gave basically gone unchanged for decades.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:

No one is saying they don’t make good guns. What we are saying is that they haven’t made anything new or innovating in years. In my opinion the K9 and MK9 are the best Guns Kahr ever made but they gave basically gone unchanged for decades.

KAHR makes a good product. Some like them, some don't. I'm in the former group as I've had nine of them in all stainless and polymer/stainless. Only my first two PM9 pistols were troublesome and that was all operator error because I didn't read the owners manual.

I would imagine that they do get inquiries for rails. I don't think it's necessary but if it was my only pistol I'd rather have it than not.

Now if SEECAMP put a rail on their products, that would be a travesty. Razz

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Do consider that some gun purchasers don't buy multiple guns. Some would. Want a lightweight carry gun with the ability to add a WML for home defense.

Its the reason I prefer the Walther PPS M1 over the M2, I think were I buying a new Kahr, this would be what I would be interested in.

From a previous Kahr owner.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll stick with my Shield. It's not the type of weapon that needs a light rail.

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:

One could say much the same about Glock in many respects....and I'm a Glock fan.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
A rail on a concealed carry gun is worse than useless in my opinion.

I've been wanting Kahr to come out with an alloy framed gun for years. The polymer is ok, the steel is great but heavy, alloy would be perfect.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear:
A rail on a concealed carry gun is worse than useless in my opinion.

I've been wanting Kahr to come out with an alloy framed gun for years. The polymer is ok, the steel is great but heavy, alloy would be perfect.

Eh, having had a Kahr polymer pistol before, I'd say their implementation of polymer isn't that good. Normal rail in the back, inverted rail (Sig P210/classic CZ) up front. They ended up with the same issue CZ had with their earlier polymer pistols, with bulging frames up front where the front rails were.

I'd rather they do a proper steel chassis/polymer grip frame first (as SIG, et al have shown). Maybe even resolve their issues with 9mm top round nosediving (from the factory), before going after any other venture. Sure, that may require new magazines, but their existing 9mm magazine design wasn't all that great to begin with.

However, Kahr knows where their own market is moving towards. People want lights, optics, and all sorts of stuff on their "carry guns." It doesn't matter what the current "pistol meta" is, people will want what they want, and companies will either adapt or die. Well all know many, many gun companies have been unable to adapt, and have effectively died. Kahr is adapting.

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Justin Moon had a winner with the MK9/MK40 platform. It was pure genius, and I've thoroughly enjoyed mine.

If you are going to innovate, come up with something equally as genius.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kroz
posted Hide Post
Like Kahrs, believe forward slide serrations are unnecessary and rails are a step back, and wish they would develop a flush slide release lever.

Posts: 108 | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kroz:
Like Kahrs, believe forward slide serrations are unnecessary and rails are a step back, and wish they would develop a flush slide release lever.

I agree about the slide serrations, but not the rail. However, I much agree about the protruding slide release lever.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my MK9.

I sold a S&W Shield, Springfield EMP, & a Sig P238. That says it all for me.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will never look at a Kahr ever again. I return my MK 40, 3 times to the factory. Two times for broken frames. Bad customer service. My Kahr, and part's are long gone.

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
The rail is minimal, I don't see a problem with it. A light/laser on a carry gun never hurts.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdmb03:
The rail is minimal, I don't see a problem with it. A light/laser on a carry gun never hurts.

It hurts me eyes does that count? Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I did kind of like the K9 when it first came out. Now it's just too heavy for what it is.

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post