SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Opinion on Hi-Point- yes, I'm serious
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinion on Hi-Point- yes, I'm serious Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Big, clunky, heavy, reliable*, cheap. Pretty much sums them up. I've shot a couple and sold a bunch as a dealer.

* = With fmj, they tend to jam with hp.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
They're heavy unwieldy pieces of shit that function surprisingly well.

Yep.

I have a carbine as a barn gun. Goes bang every time. No questions asked warranty.

This is the usual wisdom. They are awkward as hell. But they are decently accurate and very reliable. If you need a gun and have only $100, there it is.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
One of my customers is just down the road from their plant in Mansfield, OH.

It's a nondescript group of buildings and if you didn't know what they made there you'd have to go in and ask, I didn't see a single sign out front.

Most of my concern with what I've seen out of them is that while they offer a lifetime warranty, the customer pays to ship it to them. A buddy of mine sent his back 3 times for failure to pretty much anything(feed/extract/fire), he spent more on shipping than he spent on the pistol. I believe he gave up and sold that pistol with full disclosure, don't remember which model it was.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Hi point firearms are crap just like the rest of the saturday night specials...I will say this. I have been a cop for 21 years and have seen lots of people killed and shot with a High point, jennings, RG revolver....its a firearm it only has to work once to cause people to get hurt or killed..If they don't hit anything people will still run...

Evil Triumphs When Good Men Do Nothing

Posts: 777 | Location: NC | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I have one. 9mm C9. Bought it for $129 when I was in college and didn't have any money or access to other guns back home.

Haven't shot it in 10 years but back then it was jamming every 5 rounds or so. It was great for the first ~200 rounds though.

It's heavy. It's ugly. And it's basically impossible to breakdown (mine's never been opened up).

Paperweight.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post