SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Legion 226 9mm
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Legion 226 9mm Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ds1962:
What OWB holster can I get besides Sig?

It's just a P226!

Most holster manufacturers will have one to fit it.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's the difference between the 10 and 15 round mags that are available for the weapon? Single stack and double stack? I really wanted the compact 229 model, but there is no mag extension at the bottom like my tach Ops, which I like. The 226 doesn't have that. Maybe I'm wrong.

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks GP229. I'll have to check.

posted Hide Post
quote:
What's the difference between the 10 and 15 round mags that are available for the weapon? Single stack and double stack?

No, It is not a difference between single or double stack. It is that some states mandate no more than ten rounds in a magazine, so the ten round magazines just don't hold as many rounds but are the same physical size as the standard magazines.

quote:
I really wanted the compact 229 model, but there is no mag extension at the bottom like my tach Ops, which I like.

Mec Gar makes the extended magazines for both P229 and P226.

https://www.topgunsupply.com/m...rd-magazine-afc.html

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At first I thought the gun was all marketing hype. But I liked the way it looked so much I bought one.

It's not hype. It's for real.

Posts: 11 | Location: NC | Registered: June 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
A P226 legion will probably be my next purchase and I may go with Single Action Only... if for no other reason that to try and ace a skills test I've taken 3 times now and not quite shot perfect.

As noted the 10round magazines are 'sort of' same as the 15... they have an indent in the side that keeps the rounds from fully double stacking like in the 15 rounders... so in a way the 10 round magazines are sort of like an 'almost' single stack. I had to take both types apart to figure this out.
Also the spring is a little different on the 10s... the base is not expanded like on the 15's and is still stacked a couple of turns. When loading the 10 rounders the spring seems a lot tighter to me.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
I own several Sigs and my P226 Legion SAO clearly stands above them all. Highly recommend.

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
I was really going to get a cz shadow 2,but the 226 sao legion sure looks nice.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked it up and cleaned and ready for action. Have to wait till tomorrow. I'll give back a detailed report.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Picked it up and cleaned and ready for action. Have to wait till tomorrow. I'll give back a detailed report.

And pictures! There better be pictures!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All I know is that I can take pictures with this IPad. That's it. I can guarantee that. It looks awesome after I prepped it for action and I can say this; it is so well balanced when held. Something I never considered and the trigger is really smooth like Sig declares.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Well, this thread needs a few more pics. Here's a couple I just took 2 minutes ago.

I've had zero wear issues and I have 5,000+ rounds through this thing. I take it to matches and beat the living crap out of it. There's one spot of wear on the rail as you see in picture, the lighter color on the rail near the front is lube I didn't wipe off fully. The magwell has been beat to shit by me running and changing mags. There's a uncoated part at the rear of the magwell and slight amount at front/sides where I assume it was in a clamp to coat. Mine has a SEP-28-2015 born on date, I've shot the crap out of it for 2+ years.

I am super happy with my finish.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
ds1962

Great. I get to try mine out here soon. I need to find out how to post pics.

posted Hide Post
Just shot thirty rounds due to the cold, but the Legion performed as expected. Fantastic weapon, Feels great in your hand and the trigger is smooth. Fun to shoot. Will get a couple hundred rounds through it in the next few days.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hk91308:
Love my SAO Legion in 9mm- debating if I should send it to Robert Burke for a trigger job on it as the reviews of his work on these have been quite positive.

The Trigger on my 226 SAO Legion is amazing. The reset is frighteningly good, I dont think mine could get any better

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It finally warmed up today and I shot about 30 rounds. Wow. Am I impressed. Weapon was flawless and that short reset trigger is unbelievable. So fast. Can't wait till I get my 350 rounds in from Target Sports so I can break the Legion with about 200 of them. I'm getting the 124 gr.(all they had at Wally world the other day) so I'm thinking there won't be any considerable recoil difference.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wbpo5l:
At first I thought the gun was all marketing hype. But I liked the way it looked so much I bought one.

Heh, yeah. It's a really good gun...with really good hype!

I did Roll Eyes when it came out, guess I'm not the target demographic. When Bruce Gray posted about the features on the gun along with the retail price and what it would cost to buy a stock 226 and add them...OK, maybe this thing is for real!

I'd get one, but at this point my W. German has a GGI trigger job and short reset mod, Trijicon HD sights and a P-SAIT so it is almost there.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
quote:
Originally posted by wbpo5l:

Heh, yeah. It's a really good gun...with really good hype!

I did Roll Eyes when it came out, guess I'm not the target demographic. When Bruce Gray posted about the features on the gun along with the retail price and what it would cost to buy a stock 226 and add them...OK, maybe this thing is for real!

I'd get one, but at this point my W. German has a GGI trigger job and short reset mod, Trijicon HD sights and a P-SAIT so it is almost there.

The two DA/SA I've shot (P229 40S&W, P226 9mm) to date were good shooters. Debatable to me whether I'm really any better with them over any of my existing P226s and P229s, but if any are going to be bought to augment someone's collection or to be their first classic P-SIG, it's hard to say that it's a bad choice. There are things about the Legion that I don't care for (ridiculous hyped up marketing, look of the long MIM extractor, meh grip texture, X-Ray sights), but at least SIG seems to have now built themselves a solid set of guns now that the early finish issues are in the past. From a dealer's standpoint, each of the 'Legion of Bang' sells pretty darn well for us...at least those that DON'T chamber in 40S&W, that is.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking at my Legion mags, I can't see where they are Mecgar. What are they? Anyone know? Made in USA. Should be.

posted Hide Post
Finally got to put the Legion through the test of 185 rounds and it was flawless. So smooth and that trigger reset is so awesome; So fast. I'm impressed that my grip doesn't slip at all with that material and design they have on it. I'm sold. Going to the 9mm! I'm definitely more accurate and the groups are tighter than I had with the 40. Now, I just need a couple thousand more rounds to practice all kinds of drills and excerises to improve self defense shooting.