SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Legion 226 9mm
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Legion 226 9mm Login/Join 
posted
Anyone have one? What are your opinions? Looking to take one home.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ds1962,

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New Legion?

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
ds1962 might just being redundant? unless they've heard something 'new'.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am quite pleased with my SAOs, suppressed and unsupressed.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Love my DA/SA one, use it for matches almost every match.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very happy with my 226 SAO. The tales you've heard are true.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Blum. My bad. I held the 229 compact yesterday, and can't get my pinky on the grip. Going for the 226. That thing is sweet, but I have to sell my Tach Ops first.

posted Hide Post
The Legion seems to be a great gun. That said, depending on what you'd have to pay after selling the TacOps and buying the Legion...there is another option to consider:

Buy the Grayguns action kit, P-SAIT trigger, Trijicon HDs or HD XRs and Hogue G10 grips...you'll have a better gun with a better trigger than the Legion IMHO.

https://grayguns.com/product/p...t-gen2-self-defense/

https://grayguns.com/product/p...ntermediate-trigger/

https://www.opticsplanet.com/t...de=TJ-AP-HDXR-600866

Or, a portion of that based on your preference of course. The best thing about the Legion is the trigger and sights IMO, so besting them with the Grayguns kit and trijicon HD XRs if it can be done for the same out of pocket would be the heat.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had several 226's over the years, my 226 Legion SAO is one of the best combat handguns I ever own.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I was sorely tempted to buy one just this past month... then I watched a youtube video comparing the legion to the MK-25... the one feature that stuck out (actually didn't) was the slide lock lever on the legion is very small .... I'm taking defensive handgun training with test in just over a week and part of the test is a number of malfunction drills.. where you have to quickly and precisely lock the slide back. I've always had a problem with this part of the test and so chose not to get the legion at this time but a MK-25 instead. This same video said they actually preferred the factory trigger on the MK-25 over the legions... not so sure about that.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P229 Legion in .357 and will be picking up a Legion P226 (also .357) in the next day or two from layaway. Both were purchased used (but not very), and good deals.

The trigger on both is great, with a smooth double action pull.

There's just a hint of finish wear on the P226; the PVD finish doesn't seem very durable.

The P226 is a sound, proven platform, and in 9mm should last a long time.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
I have one of the early versions and it is the best shooting handgun I have ever had.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3692 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SAO has great balance, sights, and action. Feels just right in my hand. It it's my favorite production P226.

Posts: 12 | Location: Altoona, Pennsylvania | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
My favorite feature of the 226 Legion is that trigger guard undercut on the grip. It makes it feel like an entirely different pistol from my old P226 and I love it.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I love mine so much I bought another one, exactly the same: DA/SA, 9mm.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I love the DA/SA on my Tach Ops.

Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
I love my P226 SAO Legion in 9mm. One of the best guns I have ever owned.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my SAO Legion in 9mm- debating if I should send it to Robert Burke for a trigger job on it as the reviews of his work on these have been quite positive.

Posts: 259 | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P226 and P229 Legion in 9mm; my wife has a P226 Legion SAO. We both really love them. I have carried the Sigs, but not recently since I started carrying a Gen4 Glock. The sigs bulkier than my G20.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like I'm going to be able to get the Legion 226 DA/SA 9mm after all if the guy comes and buys my Tach Ops tomorrow. See if he shows up. Then I can go to gun shop and place order. I bet it shoots like a dream . I love the grips on that baby. I'll let you know. What OWB holster can I get besides Sig?