SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sharing My New (To Me) 2014 P232 Stainless .380 auto.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sharing My New (To Me) 2014 P232 Stainless .380 auto. Login/Join 
Picture of hjs157
posted
I found this little gem at the LGS on Tuesday. The only previous experience I had with this model was the brief ownership of a contract overrun P230 in 7,65mm. This P232, while having been fired, remains in mint condition. The born-on-date is 02 April 2014 making it one of the last ones imported. (Importation ceased July 2014.) It came wearing a beautiful set of Hogue checkered hardwood grips as well as the original rubber mono-grip in the box. I ordered the set of pebbled grips you see in the photo from TGS. With so many other smaller carry options available today (both in .380 and 9mm), it is not surprising SIG discontinued the P230/P232. For those of you who may have grown up with smaller/lighter/thinner carry pistols, there was actually a time when a steel on steel pistol of this size was considered little. (Length 6.6", height 4.7", weight 20.8 oz.)

Posts: 3505 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! It is indeed a great find. Hold on to it. All steel pistols are rare now and expensive. This one is a great shooter. I have a P230 and will never rid of it.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Even as they're fairly outclassed today, there's still something about them that greatly appeals to me. A sexier, more refined PPK.

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Nice! I have the P230SL, the earlier version of yours, and despite being "old technology" and a bit large for the caliber, it is STILL one of my all-time favorite SIGs!!!

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrata on a nice find. I have several and they are a dependable accurate tool. Points better than any other platform I shoot.

Posts: 932 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post