SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P320 Triggers from APEX
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P320 Triggers from APEX Login/Join 
Picture of ysued
posted
Guys, got my grubby little paws into the NEW Flattie Triggers for the “Upgraded” SIG P320 from APEX Tactical!!!

Posts: 60 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: February 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
Sweet stipple job!

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 597 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Yes, more pics on the entire gun please.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently received my upgraded P320 and was going tomput my old Apex back in. Are you saying the old Apex flat trigger will not work with the upgrade. What difference are you aware of if any?

Sig 1911 .45 ACP Scorpion
Sig P239 SAS .40
Sig P320 Carry 9mm
Sig P938 9mm
CZ P-10C 9mm
S&W Victory .22
M&P Full size .40/9mm
Ruger SR .22

Posts: 15 | Registered: February 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
Need more information, my P320 was upgraded and I have the flat trigger from before the upgrade. I want the flat back in my gun.

Posts: 3364 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sphill:
Need more information, my P320 was upgraded and I have the flat trigger from before the upgrade. I want the flat back in my gun.

One of the concerns regarding the 320's drop-fire problem had to do with the weight/mass of the original trigger bow, where in conjunction with the kinetic energy traveling through the gun after impact would cause the trigger assembly to pull by itself, causing the gun to fire off any round in the chamber. Subsequently, Apex reported that their own replacement bow at the time was vulnerable to the same kinetic self-actuation.

That's why SIG came out with the new skinny bow/shoe; it takes away mass to decrease if not eliminate the likelihood of impact energy causing the trigger to pull on its own, all in concert with the rest of the modifications done. And it's the same reasoning as to why Apex came out with a new 320 straight trigger. Now whether the old trigger will actually be safe given all of the other changes SIG performed to the guns for the upgrade...well, you're taking that chance on your own if you decide that you must reuse that part. If it were me there's zero question that I'd want to take no chances and would choose to use the corrected part(s).

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8700040924

posted August 17, 2017 08:20 AM

I called Sig customer service & asked three questions;
1) Are upgraded slides backwards compatible with non-upgraded FCU's - "Yes"
2) My upgrade was rejected online because it was sold to LE - CS Rep took info for upgrade on phone
3) Was any change made to the configuration of the trigger other than the thinner profile - "NO, all aftermarket triggers will work with the upgraded FCU, only the weight of the standard trigger was reduced. That is why the flat X5 trigger is not being replaced".

4) Being retired with extra time on my hands I decided to weigh P320 triggers. Sig is reducing the curved trigger weight, but not the X5 flat trigger with the upgrade. I know that weight distribution is more important than actual weight, but here it is. Weighing was done on my powder scale in grains & sample of 1 except for 2 Grayguns Flat & 2 Sig non-pinch.

Sig Original - 229.6
Sig non-pinch update - 251.5
Sig X5 Flat - 234.5
Grayguns Flat - 235.0
Grayguns Curved - 249.9
APEX Action Flat - 230.6
APEX Advanced Flat - 234.8

It appears that Sig increased the total weight of the P320 trigger by about 9% from the original trigger.
This message has been edited. Last edited by: arcwelder76, August 26, 2017 09:33 AM

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4264 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ysued
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NoQuota:
Sweet stipple job!

Done by Molon Labe LLC here in Peoria, AZ, it's Laser Engraving!!

Posts: 60 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: February 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ysued
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BadBry:
I recently received my upgraded P320 and was going tomput my old Apex back in. Are you saying the old Apex flat trigger will not work with the upgrade. What difference are you aware of if any?

I don't know about the old Triggers, but these Triggers are for the "Upgraded P320's" ONLY!!

Picture of ysued
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Yes, more pics on the entire gun please.

This is with the old APEX Trigger, prior to Upgrade!!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ysued:
quote:
Originally posted by NoQuota:
Sweet stipple job!

Done by Molon Labe LLC here in Peoria, AZ, it's Laser Engraving!!

Looks great. How’s the grip after prolonged shooting?

Posts: 295 | Location: TX | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ysued
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steel96:

Looks great. How’s the grip after prolonged shooting?

I've shot the living snot out of it and it's still as strong, remember, laser engraving is very shallow and superficial, not deep at all!

Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
Who makes the magazine release, magwell, and baseplate?

Posts: 3364 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post