SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG Releases M18 Commerative Edition
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG Releases M18 Commerative Edition Login/Join 
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted
Announced today, SIG Releases M18 Commerative Edition Cool

https://www.sigsauer.com/blog/...ary-service-pistols-

M18-Commemorative: Own a Piece of History

The limited release of the M18-Commemorative Edition of the official U.S. military service pistol, a variant of the SIG SAUER P320, is now available. The M18-Commemorative pistol shares the same components, coatings, and markings as the firearm that was awarded the U.S. Army contract for the modular handgun system (MHS), and was recently chosen as the official sidearm of the U.S. Marine Corps.

To complement the M18-Commemorative, an exclusive M18 Collector’s Case is available and features a slate-grey flocked foam insert and precision laser placement cuts for the pistol, the official serialized M18-Commemorative Certificate of Authenticity, and the serialized M18-Commemorative Challenge Coin.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8879 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's with the coin crap. Value=$0.02

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
I had been waiting for this release. However, I'm disappointed. I don't think the M18 was ever issued with coyote controls, but with black instead. This takes the appeal out of it for me. Oh well, I can spend my $$ on something else I suppose.

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Away:
I had been waiting for this release. However, I'm disappointed. I don't think the M18 was ever issued with coyote controls, but with black instead. This takes the appeal out of it for me. Oh well, I can spend my $$ on something else I suppose.

From what I've read, the military ones (and the XM17/18 trial versions) had the coyote controls. The version of the M18 marketed to civilians had the black controls.

https://nationalinterest.org/b...-find-out-why-113156
quote:
The only apparent difference between the civilian and military versions of the M18 is that the former boasts black controls, as opposed to the tan-colored controls of the latter.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, our wholesalers don't have them yet, but our customers got the email, so I spent yesterday taking phone calls with requests for one. I hate it when they do that.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When the will is strong, everything is easy
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
Issued M18's have black controls. I have seen some with my own eyes. Sig initial marketing for the M17 had the rumor of FDE controls for issued and limited commerative edition only. Army eventually went to black controls.

Army sent back all the fde control guns according to Phil Strader

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of
avoiding reality." Ayn Rand

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I didn't know about the change in the contract... I know someone that was involved in the trial deployment and knew about the coyote controls from him.

Photos online are mostly the coyote controls from that trial apparently, so that didn't help either.

So it seems that this is a copy of the trial guns, not the final issued version.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’m waiting for the M18 commerative super-special actual issued in-theater black slide release coyote safety edition with the totally new optic cut that no optic in the world fits.

I love all my Sigs, especially my M18, but Sig constantly releasing some random variant of their guns is a joke. One reason I like Glock is because the gun the offered to the military is the one they sold to the public. They don’t create 90 variants of it like Sig.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
^^^^I thought the MHS Glock 19x had a manual safety.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
^^^^I thought the MHS Glock 19x had a manual safety.

Pretty certain that was one of the Army's basic requirements. When the G19X first came to market, the lack of a thumb safety was often a complaint from those who wished that consumers would be offered the choice of having a thumb safety or not. I definitely heard it a lot from grousing customers.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just want a black M18 to go with my two black M17's. I have no interest in desert brown/tan/dirt or coyote colors. Black, traditional blue, stainless, or even Legion Gray (but would still prefer a black Legion), but no brown.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
I hope I am able to pick up one of these.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I love all my Sigs, especially my M18, but Sig constantly releasing some random variant of their guns is a joke. One reason I like Glock is because the gun the offered to the military is the one they sold to the public. They don’t create 90 variants of it like Sig.

Couldn't agree more. It does get old quick especially when the "military" version offers only superficial differences that SIG for some reason couldn't make it easily accessible to the public unless a commemorative version is purchased.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When the will is strong, everything is easy
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
I just want a black M18 to go with my two black M17's. I have no interest in desert brown/tan/dirt or coyote colors. Black, traditional blue, stainless, or even Legion Gray (but would still prefer a black Legion), but no brown.

You probably won't get it. The M17 Bravo was a TALO edition gun; that in a normal market sold poorly next to the FDE guns.

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of
avoiding reality." Ayn Rand

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 3ACR_Scout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

I don’t see it on the Sig website, but the Proven Arms listing for the LE/MIL commercial M18 lists a black version, SKU SIG W320CA-9-M18-MS-BLK:

SIG P320CA M18

"We are being slaughtered."

- Unidentified Insurgent, Operation Restoring Rights, Tall Afar, Iraq, September 2005

Posts: 128 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post