SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SA Long Beach Operator
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SA Long Beach Operator Login/Join 
posted
Im fairly new to the 1911 platform and wanted to get some input. I found a new Long Beach Operator at the great price of $850 OTD. It does only come with one mag, but I think the price is great. I dont lack the lack of front strap checkering though. Anyone have any input on this model? Does it compare at all with the TRP line?

Posts: 752 | Registered: January 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree it's a solid price. The front strap checkering would be tough for me, too. Some of that can be made up with good grips, grip tape, or a combination. The gun is probably not going to be quite as polished as a TRP, but it probably doesn't need to be. The MC Operator has long been a fan favorite gun in its own right and more affordable than the TRP.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
I had one of the original ones that came out of Proforce Police Supply.

They're good guns. I also owned a Professional out of SACS and that was a much nicer fit gun.

I would say the Long Beach Operator is put together a little nicer than their MC Operator and not quite as well as a TRP.

My biggest issue with the gun and ultimately why I sold it was the weight.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post