SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X Question: Made in Austria or USA?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43X Question: Made in Austria or USA? Login/Join 
posted
I have a feeling they are made in Austria and assembled here but am not sure.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Mine says Austria…

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine claims Austria as well.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a feeling they are made in Austria and assembled here...

That's the OP's real question. Wink
Same kind of question we see many times with the SIG pistols, "made and assembled/proofed in Germany, or made in Germany and assembled here (US)?"

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it says "Austria" it may or may not have been assembled in USA, but all the parts are Austrian manufacture. If it's says "USA" the slide, frame and barrel were made here, but most, if not all of the internals are Austrian.
No difference in quality between the two.

Posts: 668 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Well, if it’s any consolation, I bought a new 19 MOS yesterday. When I went to put the RMR plate on, I noticed the plate wasn’t threaded for screws.....

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Well, if it’s any consolation, I bought a new 19 MOS yesterday. When I went to put the RMR plate on, I noticed the plate wasn’t threaded for screws.....

woah... that's not good.
What's next? send it back or send it to a machine shop to get threaded?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Dealer gave me a new one. All is good.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dump the factory plate for Forward Controls Design or C&H.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sw4566:
If it says "Austria" it may or may not have been assembled in USA, but all the parts are Austrian manufacture. If it's says "USA" the slide, frame and barrel were made here, but most, if not all of the internals are Austrian.

This. Never understood why it mattered to anybody. The only one I've cared about is a 19 Gen 3 I found with Austrian proof marks on it. A bunch of them came in maybe fifteen years ago.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A much as I like the thought of an Austrian proofed G43X (or any Glock for that matter), it's probably unlikely to encounter one(G43X) on this side of the pond. No problem for me to own a US assembled one but given the choice, I'd go Austrian.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sw4566:

Got curious about the content of the USA-marked guns and did the Google thing. From a 3 yr old article posted on the web that I found:

"The Glock USA pistols have American made frame, slide and barrel. The rest of the components come from Austria. All materials for manufacturing the frame, slide and barrels come from Austria and shipped to the US facility. There are no material procurements in the US. Glock Austria keeps 100% quality control of every aspect of production.

Another interesting note, Glock manufactures in-house every single component of the pistol down to springs and pins. All tooling, molds, fixtures, gauging, etc is manufactured in-house in Austria. This allows Glock a unique opportunity most US manufacturers do not exercise. Most US gun manufacturers manufacture certain components in-house but subcontract out others. They may also send parts outside to get heat treated, finish or any other coatings. Whereas, Glock has 100% control."

and

"The Austrian made guns come disassembled and are assembled and test fired in the US facility. Glock USA has about 25% of the production capability as the Austrian plant."

Article link

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Like said above, it doesnt matter. All the raw materials come from Austria. The CNC machines come from Austria. A Made in USA Glock is identical in materials and machining, as a made in Austria Glock.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why would the plate be threaded? I would think the slide would have threaded holes. Perhaps I dont know how these sights mount up.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
Why would the plate be threaded? I would think the slide would have threaded holes. Perhaps I dont know how these sights mount up.

I'm guessing he meant the slide wasn't threaded. Regardless, the threads to make the magic happen didn't exist on that gun, and do exist on the one he took home.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Looks like the RMR does mount to the plate by 4 screws.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The plate attaches to the slide via two screws and the optic to the plate by two screws. The factory plates are cheap cast metal trash that are at the same time overly thick and provide inadequate thread engagement to hold the optic. The design of the factory plate also fails to adequately secure the optic in the horizontal plane so the screws are left having literally do everything. They are prone to breakage and it's no wonder why.

posted Hide Post
quote:
The factory plates are cheap cast metal trash...

More like they're even cheaper trashier MIM. Cracked a plate a few years ago after dropping one for my G19 MOS onto the concrete slab of my workshop. The newly exposed edges definitely had that powdery 'look' of MIM.

-MG