SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    E26R-9-BSE-SAO-RX
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

E26R-9-BSE-SAO-RX Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
CALX-226-9-B-RX I think. But why not just give SIG a call and ask.
It includes the optic.
That said I didn't say too much on this thread, but I have yet to see a Romeo1 last even a day at our matches.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
CALX-226-9-B-RX I think. But why not just give SIG a call and ask.
It includes the optic.
That said I didn't say too much on this thread, but I have yet to see a Romeo1 last even a day at our matches.

I think that is the part number.

I have yet to see a Romeo1 stop working that was not user error. The only problem I have found is a loose battery cap. Once it is tightened down with a metal screw driver the problem is fixed. Next time you see one go down tighten the battery cap for them and you will look like a champ.

I have 3 RX's and I have shot over 5k rounds combined through the 3 over the past 15 months and I have not had one problem with them.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
but I have yet to see a Romeo1 last even a day at our matches.

I put several thousand rounds thru my Rx over multiple range trips spanning a few months, and shot several full steel match with zero issues or battery replacement symptoms. Just back from CS upgrade, doubt they replaced my battery. Dot is still operating to spec.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Placed an order for this model early this morning from Guns Midwest. After CC fees and shipping it came to just over $950 (yes, with the Romeo) which seems like an asinine price. Can't wait to pick it up.

Posts: 121 | Location: KY | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Picked it up Tuesday. Probably my new favorite pistol as long as it behaves as any Sig should. Love the grips that came on it which I haven't seen. Was shopping around for some G10 grips and couldn't nail down for sure which ones I wanted and determine for sure if they'd fit, so I hadn't bought any. Glad I didn't now. Obviously need to give it a good wipe down.

Posts: 121 | Location: KY | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pipe_down:

Picked it up Tuesday. Probably my new favorite pistol as long as it behaves as any Sig should. Love the grips that came on it which I haven't seen. Was shopping around for some G10 grips and couldn't nail down for sure which ones I wanted and determine for sure if they'd fit, so I hadn't bought any. Glad I didn't now. Obviously need to give it a good wipe down.

Awesome pistol!! Most accurate pistol I have ever owned, and with a fantastic SAO trigger too. Mine came with the standard SIG plastic grips which I replaced with a set of Hogue Pirhana G10s, which I really like. I do like the grips on yours. Are they plastic or G10s?

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:
quote:

Awesome pistol!! Most accurate pistol I have ever owned, and with a fantastic SAO trigger too. Mine came with the standard SIG plastic grips which I replaced with a set of Hogue Pirhana G10s, which I really like. I do like the grips on yours. Are they plastic or G10s?

Trigger is indeed fabulous. I've never handled a G10 grip, so I'm not exactly sure how those feel or what they're made of. These have a really nice quality feel to them compared to what I was expecting. They also have a bit of a different feel/texture to them on the non-grip surface (doesn't show up real well in the pic) which makes me think they're a higher quality, but that could be nothing. The texture is quite aggressive, but with the little recoil it should have I doubt it'll be an issue without gloves.

Picture of The_Watcher
posted Hide Post
OP here, Man! I wish mine came with those grips! Nice!

quote:

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hell..... I wish mine came with that price!!

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The_Watcher:
OP here, Man! I wish mine came with those grips! Nice!

It was definitely a welcome surprise. Have yet to see even a pic of another one with them.

posted Hide Post
quote:

When the guy handling my paperwork at my FFL came back from retrieving it he commented how good the price was and that it was less than their cost. Not sure why it's so much cheaper than other places but they've had them listed at that price for a good while now and they're still in stock.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

When the guy handling my paperwork at my FFL came back from retrieving it he commented how good the price was and that it was less than their cost. Not sure why it's so much cheaper than other places but they've had them listed at that price for a good while now and they're still in stock.

Well thank God you didn't leave a link or my checking account might be mad at me.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
quote:

Well thank God you didn't leave a link or my checking account might be mad at me.

I didn't leave a link but I put the sites name in my first post after purchasing it. Figured most people would be able to get to it that way if they were interested.

I went back to get the link for you and your wallet, but it looks like it's no longer that price. It was as recently as yesterday.

posted Hide Post
I paid over $1300 for mine actually, so you lucked into a hell of a great deal in a hell of a great pistol! No, I didn't shop around for mine. I really liked the Romeo1 on my P320RX and really like the P226; I saw it on display at a SIG Elite dealer about an hour from where I live.; didn't even know such a pistol was being made, and made the decision in the store to buy, and to buy the SAO after trying out the trigger (have been a DA/SA guy for over 25 years!). Buy once, cry once, right!? Although value is a personal assessment I can say for certainty it will be one of the very last pistols I will ever sell because it works so well for me! I bought a SAO Legion a few months after this one and although I shoot it much better that my P226 Legion DA/SA I don't shoot it as well as my RX. Tbe trigger is just that much better that the SAO Legion.

You have a hell of a pistol! Now go out and shoot it! Can't wait for a range report.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Factor8:
I have had mine for little over a year now. It is an amazing pistol. It is mechanically 100% the same as the Legion SAO minus the flat faced trigger. I picked mine up at the pro shop and compared the SAO RX and the Legion SAO side by side and I left with the SAO RX. The trigger pull felt exactly the same. I have about 3k rounds through mine and I have not had one issue with the gun or romeo1. It is one of the few pistols that always ends up in my range bag when I go shooting.

I do not see the price dropping much because of the limited number produced, the market is not flooded with them so the demand seems to meet the supply. You are getting a lot with this set up. It is one of the best triggers on a P226 and it is milled for a for an optic.

Here is mine in it's current configuration.

where did you get your straight trigger?

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Operations:
quote:
Originally posted by Factor8:
I have had mine for little over a year now. It is an amazing pistol. It is mechanically 100% the same as the Legion SAO minus the flat faced trigger. I picked mine up at the pro shop and compared the SAO RX and the Legion SAO side by side and I left with the SAO RX. The trigger pull felt exactly the same. I have about 3k rounds through mine and I have not had one issue with the gun or romeo1. It is one of the few pistols that always ends up in my range bag when I go shooting.

I do not see the price dropping much because of the limited number produced, the market is not flooded with them so the demand seems to meet the supply. You are getting a lot with this set up. It is one of the best triggers on a P226 and it is milled for a for an optic.

Here is mine in it's current configuration.

where did you get your straight trigger?

I got it directly from Sig, it is a SAO Legion trigger with a black finish.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post