SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    E26R-9-BSE-SAO-RX
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

E26R-9-BSE-SAO-RX Login/Join 
Picture of The_Watcher
posted
Anyone shot one yet? I may be trading an unused 1911 for a new one. It must be super new- cannot find many reviews... How is the optic?

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fancy, i don't have that one. I do have this pair.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
I have one. I like it a lot. The grips are about the best plastic P226 grips I've felt, just a slightly slimmer profile than the regular plastic P226 but they are a bit slick. The E2 grips I put on an old P226 I have feel "grippier". I'd like to try either an E2 or G10 SAO grips sometime.

The trigger is good, not finely tuned 1911 great. The safety is very good, snicks on and off with a very good feel and auditory click.

The sights and Romeo red dot are very good so far, we'll see how long it lasts with use.

I bought the SAO RX P226 because I have a standard P226R already. I can use the RX as is in open class, put the RX top end on my P226 DA/SA frame to shoot carry optics, standard P226R for Production class and standard slide on SAO frame for Limited class. A lot of options.

What else would you like to know.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own one. Bought it this last winter. It is the most accurate pistol I have ever shot!! I installed a Wolff 17lb mainspring which made an already very good SAO trigger even better, and put a set of Hogue Pirhana G10s on it. In this configuration it is basically a Legion without the finish issues. I can't recommend it enough!

Edit..just re-read your OP. I like the Romeo 1 quite a bit. While it is the only reflex sight I have used I find that it is excellent.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just seen a picture of Legion SAO RX and it's awesom, I rented a 320 RX and I like it a lot so would really like to test drive the legion 226 RX.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The_Watcher
posted Hide Post
What are these going for right now? I see them online for $1,350. but is that just because it was just introduced? Do you think the pricing will level out and drop to around $1,100?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The_Watcher:
What are these going for right now? I see them online for $1,350. but is that just because it was just introduced? Do you think the pricing will level out and drop to around $1,100?

I would think if you could find ine for $1100 you should buy at least one!!

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had mine for little over a year now. It is an amazing pistol. It is mechanically 100% the same as the Legion SAO minus the flat faced trigger. I picked mine up at the pro shop and compared the SAO RX and the Legion SAO side by side and I left with the SAO RX. The trigger pull felt exactly the same. I have about 3k rounds through mine and I have not had one issue with the gun or romeo1. It is one of the few pistols that always ends up in my range bag when I go shooting.

I do not see the price dropping much because of the limited number produced, the market is not flooded with them so the demand seems to meet the supply. You are getting a lot with this set up. It is one of the best triggers on a P226 and it is milled for a for an optic.

Here is mine in it's current configuration.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Factor8,

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LGS has one in the Sig case. I asked to hold it and it felt very good in the hand. Optic was nice and I was tempted but I have put myself on ammunition and magazine buying only.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you get a plate that will install if you take the Red Dot off? Are the sights nights sights? It looks great

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cworetired:
Do you get a plate that will install if you take the Red Dot off? Are the sights nights sights? It looks great

You don't get a plate in case you remove the Romeo1, but the sights are higher (suppressor?) level night sights so you can use them through the Romeo1. It is a great, well thought out package.

Picture of The_Watcher
posted Hide Post
Well I made up my mind and will be picking it up tonight.

Thanks!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The_Watcher:
Well I made up my mind and will be picking it up tonight.

Thanks!

You chose....Wisely!

You will love it!! Please be sure to post your impressions.

posted Hide Post
How has the Red Dot held up? How is the battery life?

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cworetired:
How has the Red Dot held up? How is the battery life?

I have had no issues with either of my Romeo1 sights, nor have I had to replace the battery on either.

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
because of a retina condition my choice of sights is crucial;

The 320Rx red dot can be used creatively with the front sight to augment the POA. My miss ratio in distant smaller speed steel plates has gone down considerably.

I believe the Sig folks probably spent a good deal of effort making them work well on whatever platform.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
They should just sell the slide only with the red dot. I'd take the jump for that.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have my MK-25 bought it this year, i think i paid $1050.00. A very accurate gun.

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:
They should just sell the slide only with the red dot. I'd take the jump for that.

They do, they sell an RX Xchange kit. I have on on my P226 SSE. They run around $500 for the kit.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Factor8:
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:

They do, they sell an RX Xchange kit. I have on on my P226 SSE. They run around $500 for the kit.

Do you know the part number to order it? Does it include the optic? Thanks!

Posts: 92 | Registered: February 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post