SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Celibacy over...a KE joins the horde
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Celibacy over...a KE joins the horde Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted
Well, not exactly THAT kind of KE.

I hadn't realized just how long ago it feels since I bought my last one, a CZ 82. But I never would've thought that this would be The One to break my 11 month buying abstinence. Yet per chance I saw it I did, and gobbled it up I did even faster.

I've long thought that my USPc needed a bigger sibling. And now it does in one that actually plays nice with my puny paws. For a 24 yr old piece it's in really nice shape.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Nice gun. I had a USPc SA/DA in .40 that I hated so I sold it. I would love to eventually replace it with a USP or USPc in 9mm LEM. I know they hate me and I am not an HK fanboy by any means but I would like to have one back in my safe.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a massive Hk fanboy, with 13. My full size usp 9 with match trigger, jet funnel, and dawson sights is probably my favorite pistol of all the ones that I own. They are fantastic pistols. Congrats and it looks like it's brand new!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gah, where did you find that? I have been lookinh for a ke,kf,kg to go with my 40 and 45 models. I dislike the newer finish. Fuck it i call first dibs...

Nicely done.

The usp is still my absolute go to pistol. Mediocre trigger and all. Though i will tell you it gets much better after 50k rounds.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Beautiful 'KE' USP! Cool

IMO 'KE' was a very good/desirable year for the USP....I've got a few! Wink I prefer the roll marks on the slide, full 'HK USP' logo in the grip frame, and the bright engraved S/N & Proof Marks on the Slide & Barrel from that year. That said, it was a transition year for couple of design features as well. During 1994 they transitioned from traditional 'Land & Groove' to Polygonal Rifling, and added the Captive Recoil Spring Assembly. As that that looks like a 4 digit S/N in your pic, I assume your USP does NOT have those features. Care to confirm...

Regardless, enjoy the new HK Hotness you've added to your collection! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I'm going on a year without a firearm purchase but I would have snatched that up too.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Just because this is a Sig forum, here is what I picked up yesterday:

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Nice gun. I had a USPc SA/DA in .40 that I hated so I sold it. I would love to eventually replace it with a USP or USPc in 9mm LEM. I know they hate me and I am not an HK fanboy by any means but I would like to have one back in my safe.

I foolishly traded a Performance Center L-Comp 3" .357 for a .40 USPC DA/SA. I got rid of that gun so fast, it was gone 2 weeks when my holsters came in the mail.

I'm rather turned off by these guns now, but I always wondered if I'd like the 9mm version.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The RX SIG: well that's one way to enjoy a Wednesday. The standard grip 320C isn't my cup of tea (been there, done that, won't do it again), but they're good firearms that gives SIG a solid striker design to go up against the absolute best (yeah, my latent Glockness is coming to the surface again...) Wink

As for my latest, this USP's stellar condition is definitely what caught my eye. It DOES look like it's brand new, at least on the outside. The only signs of wear were some light smileys and some loss of finish on the chamber block of the barrel; this one appears that it was shot an honest amount but the previous owner clearly took very good care of it. The rifling is polygonal and it has a five-digit number after the dash. It came with four poly mags, the original gray box, owner's manual and was priced quite reasonably for its condition, I thought. I've paid more for Glocks than what I paid on this one. I'm no expert on the USP, but from what I can tell of the sear and hammer configuration this one still wears its original parts and its action has not been updated to any of the later revisions that were to come.

As for how it compares to my USPc; bought new, my compact was born about 9 years ago and it has been a fine shooter even with its heavy DA trigger. I greatly prefer it over my P30. Like the full size, its grip even challenges the Glock's for the award for ultimate 2x4 gun grip...which ironically is one reason why I like it so much. It's not perfect; the 'combat' sight picture kinda sucks since I like POA=POI, but since I own all sorts of SIGs and other HKs that use the same gawd awful sighting I can deal with it. The aftermarket Trijicon Bright & Tough sights I had put on shortly after I bought it was okay back then, but these days also falls into that 'kinda sucks' category. Despite there being reasonable glow left in its tritium, they're something I intend on changing out. Probably sooner than later now that I have the full size. A dot-over-dot solution would be much preferred but I'd settle for a Meprolight 3-dot set if need be. The USP's adjustable Mep sights is a lot nicer than I normally consider most standard-style 3-dot tritium designs. They glow quite well so more than likely this existing set was put on in the past few years.

Between the two I'm not sure which I'll prefer. Empty the full size feels more front heavy than my USPc. Fully loaded I think it's better balanced. I will find out for sure once this one gets shot, hopefully next week.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
CONGRATS... on your "KE". Wear It out I dare you Wink

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I’m a big full size UPS fan, having shot several 45s and 9mms. Don’t like the 40s, but that is just the caliber I think.

I’ve come close to buying a USP45Tac, but just folded with a new Glock G45.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I picked up a USP full size in 9x19. It is a darn nice shooter.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Beautiful 'KE' USP! Cool

IMO 'KE' was a very good/desirable year for the USP....I've got a few! Wink I prefer the roll marks on the slide, full 'HK USP' logo in the grip frame, and the bright engraved S/N & Proof Marks on the Slide & Barrel from that year. That said, it was a transition year for couple of design features as well. During 1994 they transitioned from traditional 'Land & Groove' to Polygonal Rifling, and added the Captive Recoil Spring Assembly. As that that looks like a 4 digit S/N in your pic, I assume your USP does NOT have those features. Care to confirm...

Regardless, enjoy the new HK Hotness you've added to your collection! Cool

There is so much truth to what nhracecraft says here about the vintage USP’s.

I have a KD with all the things mentioned above bought it new for $625 as fast as I could find one. It’s still NIB. I still need to find a stainless full size from this era. Great looking pistol OP!!!

eta I wish I had bought a USP Elite as well.
HK Ag

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HK Ag,

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Nice score. I bought one of the earlier USP 9mm’s when they came out. Took forever to get holsters for them to market. One of the more accurate pistols out of the box believe it or not. First shot from it was at a torso sized target around 2.5” tall from 50’. Was so impressed I saved the target. I was shooting on a College Rifle Team and we enjoyed taking crazy shots and one uping each other.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I do love a good HK. and that's a beautiful one!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Malamutes
posted Hide Post
Oh the good old days, I had a USP 9, USP Tactical, USP Expert and a MK23 at one time, that MK23 was accurate and easy to shoot, but damn she was a pig. A tactical thigh rig just seemed like a tad ostentatious for a carry gun, which was about all it would fit in. Smile

Posts: 183 | Location: SW Lower Michigan | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post