SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A cool old Cold Warrior CZ75
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A cool old Cold Warrior CZ75 Login/Join 
posted
I saw this CZ75 pre-B model at a local guns show last week and almost made a trade deal on it for a Glock 19 but we were a little far apart on the cash part. Later I was kicking myself for quibbling over 50 bucks, but as luck would have it, the seller also runs a small local gun shop so I called him the other day and he fortunately still had it and made a cash deal for about $400 out the door.

What's interesting about this one is that it was made in 1985 and is non-import marked. From my research, it was likely purchased in Europe by a service member and then privately imported. There was a company that sold them through sporting goods stores on US bases and I've seen a couple similar ones sell recently on Gunbroker for around $1000, so I guess they are pretty collectible!

Posts: 2478 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Nice. Mine has no import marks either. It is a transitional period Pre B, 1994, if memory serves. It was my main uspsa gun until I started shooting limited division 5-6 months ago.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The biggest downside to these early ones seems to be the magazine situation. It only came with one (serial-numbered to the gun which is cool), and new ones that work in pre-Bs are quite a bit more money than regular later ones.

Posts: 2478 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Mine

No import marks, proofed 1984

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
some early models were imported, with the import mark on the barrel,
as in you have to lock the slide back to see they mark

the last early one I saw was marked that way, on the left side of the barrel

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
CZ75, used, no import marks, proofed in 1984. I also have the original cardboard box, two mags, target and Czech language owners manual.

CZ85, NIB, no import marks and proofed in 1988. I also have the original sleeved styrofoam box, two mags, target and owners manual.

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent. I have a CZ PO1 and a CZ 83.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
BTW, nice find on that early CZ, bigwagon. They don't come around all that often.

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a lefty I really like the CZ85s. I passed one up a few months ago which is what had me on the lookout for another CZ. I need a set of grips like Para's!!

Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
Those old grips are hard to find. I have an extra set, but they are priceless... Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I bought my blued finish 1985 proofed CZ75 while living in Germany. SN 118xxx No import marks. Still have the original box all everything that came with it. It was NIB but not for long!
After returning, I also picked up a NIB 1984 black enameled finish one. SN 111xxx No import box. It too has the original box, etc.
These are the the most appealing looking CZ75s with the tear drop trigger guard, straight slide serrations and waffle style grips. @ OP: your grips are not original to that gun.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
Please don't let Rally Vincent see this thread... Razz

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
My '84 CZ75 is blued, but has turned a nice dark bluish brown patina over the years. The '88 CZ85 has an enameled frame with a polished blue slide. I think these older models are the most appealing too.

No more Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of cobrajet
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine recently bought an EAA 10mm. I was shocked when I told him nice CZ75 clone, he asked what I was talking about, EAA has been around a lot longer than CZ, if anything it was the other way around because EAA had been around for decades. I was floored, this guy has hundreds of guns, including a lot of historical guns both from the U.S. and abroad. Are the CZs really that much of a secret?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

Posts: 12401 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: November 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice score, I'd take a CZ75 over a glock 19 ANY day

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
The biggest downside to these early ones seems to be the magazine situation. It only came with one (serial-numbered to the gun which is cool), and new ones that work in pre-Bs are quite a bit more money than regular later ones.

All the modern mags work with the "transitional" pre b's. The earlier pre b's may require some dremeling.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hctr154
posted Hide Post
I bought one of these in '88 or '89 at the Nuremburg Rod & Gun Club; I was in the Army.

Decent enough, but a little crude compared to some of the other "wondernines" of it's day.

The magazines were so tightly fitted, it literally took all 5 fingers of your off-hand to remove the magazine. Maybe it wasn't designed to drop freely from the grip?

Also, the finish was.....like black Rustoleum! I ended up trading it and some cash for a Glock 19. Oh, and the grip screws were VERY soft metal; easily stripped out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hctr154,

Posts: 334 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: February 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And if you compare those to the extant versions you can see there was a LOT of "win" in that old design.

quote:
Always outnumbered, Never out gunned.

Posts: 1339 | Location: Central Missouri | Registered: April 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Bought my at Rhein-Mein AB in 1986, along with a German Banking Police PPK/S

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
The magazines were so tightly fitted, it literally took all 5 fingers of your off-hand to remove the magazine. Maybe it wasn't designed to drop freely from the grip?

It wasn't. This was common to European makers of the day. It actually has a magazine "brake" in it, a piece of sheet metal inside the frame that is bent to put pressure against the magazine body, somewhat like a leaf spring. The early all-plastic Glock magazines didn't drop free either.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27925 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post