SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I have issues. Can't get away from 1911's and Glock's.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have issues. Can't get away from 1911's and Glock's. Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yeah,

Looks like you're off to a good start.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
-
quote:
Originally posted by zdog16:
Why can't I stop buying them?!?!

The answer is simple, you don't have enough yet. Smile

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Only four 1911s? You're a lightweight.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with have a lot of 1911s'. There are all kinds of calibers, sizes and materials they are made of to buy more than you have already. The bottom line is a short movement crisp straight back trigger no other firearm has.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
To me, a 1911 always feels "right" in my hands.
While I understand the platforms limitations, many forget, that for many decades until the p220 was released, it was the go-to for a large-bore automatic handgun.

Even during the wonder-nine era, bullet performance was lacking.

My first break from the 1911 platform was the S&W 645, which I had thought at the time was a perfect melding of the ergonomics of the M39 with a caliber. That had "authority" (so-to-say).

645 had its problems, mine functioned flawlessly, however the web between the grip and trigger guard was irritating as well as the size and handling ability of the handgun... simply, it was kludgey and somewhat awkward.

I ignored Glock as an economical handgun/tool that satisfied an organizations budget as well as functional needs and ignored them on that basis.

I was not averse to plastic as I had been an HK fan since my teenage years.

Fast forward 30 years and my emphasis is thus...
Glock: 21, 20 (upper), 41, 17
Sig: P220st, P228
Colt: 1911
+ various other niche platforms.

I do love HK, mag prices keep me hesitant.
Since I work in a monitored environment and cannot carry, an HKSK of some sort may be my choice.

Anyhow, I digress.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey that all good. But do think you need some Sigs.

Several Sigs and some others. Like and use them all.

Posts: 28 | Location: alabama | Registered: February 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I dropped a few boxes into my 1911 (okay, actually a 2011) and Glock and had myself a Super day. The P220 came also. Big Grin

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vsm:
Hey that all good. But do think you need some Sigs.

At one point I had a P227, P226, P224 and M11A1 but I parted ways with all of them. 227 got sent back because of what later was determined was out of spec mags. M11A1 broke a firing pin retaining pin and its recoil spring snapped in half after less than 2000rds. 224 didn't feed properly because of the extractor, 226 was just sublime but after all the other frustrations decided to let her go and I loved that gun. So much so I had her CCR CPII'd. So I have a MK25 coming in on Tuesday. Just because I feel empty without a Sig. So she should fit in nicely with her sisters.
Then all I need is a Colt M45 cqbp, HK MK23, M9A1 and Colt series 70 government model. Then my modern US military pistol collection will be finished and I can move forward with my other projects.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post