SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock G22: Convert To 357 Sig?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock G22: Convert To 357 Sig? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Decision made.

After sleeping on it a few days and playing with the P229S a bit more (boy, is that one nicely-made pistol!), I've decided I'm going to clean up my G22 and my LCR, put 'em up for sale, and, once they're sold, look to getting a P229 in 357 Sig.

I didn't used to like the traditional Sig DA/SA action, but this P229S changed my mind.

Thanks for the feedback, suggestions and thoughts, everyone!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Decision made.

After sleeping on it a few days and playing with the P229S a bit more (boy, is that one nicely-made pistol!), I've decided I'm going to clean up my G22 and my LCR, put 'em up for sale, and, once they're sold, look to getting a P229 in 357 Sig.

I didn't used to like the traditional Sig DA/SA action, but this P229S changed my mind.

Thanks for the feedback, suggestions and thoughts, everyone!

You could always try a DAK trigger, although people either love 'em or hate'em.
I actually prefer the DAK trigger on a Sig for a carry pistol.

If you realized you don't care for the DAK, you can fairly easily convert to DA/SA if you can find the parts.

I had a P229 SAS and P239 SAS, both with a DAK triggers, but sold them when I started buying Glocks..

I converted the P229 SAS from DAK to DA/SA and back to DAK.

New..

After CCR..

I carried the P239 SAS for 2 years.
Also a CCR pistol..

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
You could always try a DAK trigger, although people either love 'em or hate'em.
I actually prefer the DAK trigger on a Sig for a carry pistol.

I have a P239 SAS, 1st Gen. Was my very first Sig. I love it. But Sig's idea of "compact" and mine do not quite jibe Smile. My P239 SAS is a shooter, and I shoot well with it (much better than my G22), but, compared to, say, my Walther PPQ, it's a lot less convenient/comfortable to carry. Particularly IWB.

The P229 I expect to carry OWB. Might even go P226. Thing is: I'm looking to duplicate the P229S in a carry pistol. That's the point.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
https://www.ar15.com/forums/eq...shipped-/89-1694330/

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks for the lead, but, as I noted in post #3: I can't shoot .357 Sig out of my G22. Frame won't take it.