SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Seeking Info on Sig P226R Tactical
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seeking Info on Sig P226R Tactical Login/Join 
Picture of M@D-M@X
posted
Sup guys,

I've had this Sig P226R Tactical since 2009.
I acquired a firearms application, which helps me organize my collection's specs and additional information so, I'm trying to obtain as much information as possible on this Sig's P226 variant.
Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Max

This message has been edited. Last edited by: M@D-M@X,

Disclaimer:
Any governmental agencies monitoring this thread should know, that I no longer own any weapons of any type. Any serial number of an autoloading rifle and or pistol linked to me is either in error of your filing system or has been sold in an untraceable, yet legal way

Posts: 93 | Location: S.FLA. | Registered: November 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of M@D-M@X
posted Hide Post
Woahh... Sorry on the size... still trying to figure out "Imgur" and its posting options..

Disclaimer:
Any governmental agencies monitoring this thread should know, that I no longer own any weapons of any type. Any serial number of an autoloading rifle and or pistol linked to me is either in error of your filing system or has been sold in an untraceable, yet legal way

Posts: 93 | Location: S.FLA. | Registered: November 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Wow, interesting. Never seen that serial prefix before, 26DC. I'm stumped.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
It’s just a P226R with a threaded barrel.

One of the mags is a German 20-rd SWAT mag.

No idea about the serial number.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Pictures sizes were fine on my monitor.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of M@D-M@X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

It makes it really hard, since Sig is known for doing at times small variants such as this.

I received a reply from another forum similar to yours as far as the unique number series. Having a threaded barrel, Hi-cap mag and night sights leads him to think that it could had been configured for a small, special contract or even the predecessor of the "TACOPS" model.

Disclaimer:

Picture of M@D-M@X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Pictures sizes were fine on my monitor.

...yeah... kinda fixed it... It looked like a billboard previously..

Disclaimer:

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Count me among those who haven't seen that SN prefix before. I'd be willing to bet it was part of a special contract run.

If you would be willing to post pics of the gun field stripped it might reveal features not visible in the pics now. Underside of slide, frame with the grips removed and the fire control parts visible, barrel, guide rod assembly, mags, sights, etc... also, it would be helpful if we could see the SIG box and especially the label on the box.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
That is an interesting S/N prefix...and I have looked at a lot of P226's (my favorite Sig)

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of M@D-M@X
posted Hide Post
I'll try post some more pictures today of it's internals.
It has an aftermarket stainless guide rod and an SRT package that I Installed.
I believe the box is in storage and I would need to look for it.
If my memory serves me right, I bought it from the Classifieds here new in '09. I think It was a lady that was handling the transactions for her husband and they were handling a lot of Sigs, making me think that they may have been a shop or distributor.

Disclaimer:

Picture of M@D-M@X
posted Hide Post
Last night I completely stripped and cleaned it.
The only markings found was a "3" inside/topside of the slide.

Disclaimer:

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Intersting.

I had one of these as well. Mine had a regular serial number. It also had a German made frame. Not sure when Sig switched but I thought Sig dropped this from their lineup long before they started using US made frames.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M@D-M@X:
Having a threaded barrel, Hi-cap mag and night sights leads him to think that it could had been configured for a small, special contract or even the predecessor of the "TACOPS" model.

I agree with @2Adefender. That's most likely a SIG P226-R with a threaded barrel fitted with a higher capacity magazine. You can buy magwell grips to use for the 20 round mag so that it's not so prominent and more ergonomic.

As for it being a TACOPS predecessor / prototype, the original Blackwater P226-R evolved into the P226-R Blackwater Tactical, neither of which featured a threaded barrel. The Blackwater Tactical features a beavertail, which yours does not.

After SIG broke relations with the Blackwater name, SIG removed the Blackwater laser etching from the pistol and gave it the P226-R TacOps name. I do notice that SIG is currently selling a P226-R TacOps with a threaded barrel now, but they have a beavertail.

If I am somewhat wrong about the history of SIG P226-R Blackwaters and TacOps, I am confident that I will be corrected, which is the idea.

I don't keep track of serial numbers, but you own a nice pistol regardless of its origin.

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M@D-M@X:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

It makes it really hard, since Sig is known for doing at times small variants such as this.

I received a reply from another forum similar to yours as far as the unique number series. Having a threaded barrel, Hi-cap mag and night sights leads him to think that it could had been configured for a small, special contract or even the predecessor of the "TACOPS" model.

I remember back in ~ 2009/10 I got a 229 s4 for less than 500 dollars off the shelf, brand new. It was a model designed specifically to be used with a suppressor, it was just a 229r with a threaded barrel and raised night sights.

I ended up selling the raised sights and barrel for far more than I thought they would go for, got some standard sights and a normal barrel and basically has a brand new 229r for less than 500 bucks.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post