SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Red dot Shield RMS?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red dot Shield RMS? Login/Join 
Picture of TAP
posted
Anyone have experience with this red dot?

I have two RMR's I run on Glock 19's, but I am interested in having Lone Wolf mill a slide and mount one of these for me.

Thanks!

Posts: 831 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I'm running a Shield on my G43, works great. Suarez did my milling.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I've heard positives about their earlier designs like the JPoint, though I believe those are actually made here and not in the UK (at least now they are). Trijicon at one point even sold a version and it was the likely inspiration for their own RMR which came later if I remember correctly.

Their latest ones look interesting, if kind of ugly in a bullfrog kind of way. Their earlier units were mostly built with polymer housings, I believe. Made for a low mass unit that purportedly matches well with guns that have lighter slides. The one concern I would have about these centers on their warranty coverage. Electronics will eventually break when living on a pistol slide. Shield doesn't really have a support network here if I read the tea leaves correctly.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
I've heard positives about their earlier designs like the JPoint, though I believe those are actually made here and not in the UK (at least now they are). Trijicon at one point even sold a version and it was the likely inspiration for their own RMR which came later if I remember correctly.

Their latest ones look interesting, if kind of ugly in a bullfrog kind of way. Their earlier units were mostly built with polymer housings, I believe. Made for a low mass unit that purportedly matches well with guns that have lighter slides. The one concern I would have about these centers on their warranty coverage. Electronics will eventually break when living on a pistol slide. Shield doesn't really have a support network here if I read the tea leaves correctly.

The Shield is an aluminum housing and does use the same footprint as a Jpoint.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post