SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Kimber K6S DC, a very nice revolver
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber K6S DC, a very nice revolver Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I surfed into a video by the Forgotten Weapons guy about the Fitz Special. As I was watching it, I thought that this gun, is the closest modern interpretation of that concept (even though it doesn't have the clipped trigger guard, which no manufacturer today would be crazy enough to do)

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I'd like to try one before I committed to one. I'm intrigued by them, but I've got so many DA Revolvers.

My next one will be the new Ruger LCRx 3" in .357.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
These didn't do much for me until I saw that they're releasing a 3" DA/SA version. Could be a nice companion or even replacement for my 3" SP101. The extra round and vastly superior sights would be a nice improvement, and the Ruger has a nasty habit of gumming up between the cylinder and base pin (not 100% sure of the proper DA revolver terminology here) very quickly when shooting dirty ammo.

Posts: 8545 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
I am really interested in the DA/SA 2" but they are pricey.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cworetired:
esdunbar, how is the finish holding up? That is a nice looking shooter.

So far the finish is holding up fine, but it's too soon to really comment.

I took the Kimber back to the range with me today. I had one of the RO's shoot it and my scandium J-frame. He made it through 2 rounds of full power 357's (rounds...not cylinders) with the scandium frame. He then shot a full cylinder (6 shots) of the exact same rounds out of the Kimber.

I then shot the Kimber to see how many cylinders I could get through before I had to stop. I made it through 6 cylinders plus 4 more rounds for a total of 40 rounds.

I could have kept going, but I didn't want to crack another box of expensive ammo. Point is, it shoots MUCH softer than the light weight Smith. I can't believe how well it handle 357 for as little as it is.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see Kimber come out with a K45 - a 5 shot 45acp Smile

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post