SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Joined the club - P320 on lay-a-way
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joined the club - P320 on lay-a-way Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Pulled the trigger, sort of and put a P320 Compact in 9mm with night sights on lay-a-way tonight at Sportsman's. Well it hasn't come home yet, so maybe it's just racking the slide...

Been looking for something for a while as a carry gun. Was seriously considering the M&P 2.0 Compact since I already have a full sized M&P Pro. But looking at it and the 320 side by side the M&P just kind of felt cheap. Then I felt the trigger on the 320 and I was hooked. Its smooth pull does not feel like a striker fired pistol. For that trigger alone I was willing to forgive the blockiness and width of the 320 over the M&P.

Some observations that I had looking at them in the store tonight, the triggers vary wildly. I looked at 4 different 320's tonight and they all felt different. The worst being the M17 they had with an extremely heavy pull and the best being the one I put on lay-a-way with the other two somewhere in-between. The other is the coyote brown cerakote finish doesn't really appear durable. Both the compact and M17 in brown had the finish worn to bare metal on all sharp points and creases and the from end of the slide.

Looking forward to getting out to the range and already planning on spending the $50 Sig Store rewards. But really looking forward to getting out to the range with it.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're going to need a bigger truck too, when you move back south. Big Grin

Posts: 881 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's my wife's favorite gun. It works well with a subcompact frame, too. She keeps it on her nightstand. Good choice!

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
That's my wife's favorite gun. It works well with a subcompact frame, too. She keeps it on her nightstand. Good choice!

Same here, Fredward.. my wife’s wears a Streamlight TLR-8.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the club.
Prior to the P320, I was set on buying an XD-S 4.0, as I enjoyed my brother-in-law's 3.3
The glowing reviews on the P320 swayed me & after shooting it side-by-side with the XD-S, I was glad with my purchase.

A WTT on here converted my 9mm to a 357Sig.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I think you made a wise choice. Of the four I've had, my P320 compact/9mm is the best. I finally found a caliber x-change kit in .40s&w yesterday. The seller also had a .357sig barrel for it, all like new. Three guns in one now. It's a full size but will be for range anyway.

I'll use up those 3,000rds of .40s&w and .357sig ammo I had in the classifieds (withdrawn). For the loss that I was willing to sell the ammo for, it paid for the kit and extra barrel.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ALLEGRO1957
posted Hide Post
I'm a long-time Glock carrier. I have several and they have been dependable and fun to shoot. Not sure I have had one stoppage after thousands of rounds.

BUT......picked up a P320 RX and all I can say is "holy cow."

This is a sweet shooter, ergonomically well thought out and with the optic, a easy weapon to shoot accurately AND accurately fast.

Good purchase and now my EDC

Be a productive citizen but always be prepared

Posts: 43 | Registered: October 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P320 series has grown on me also. When they first came out I bought a P320 FS .45 acp. It shot well but the double click thing bugged me and at the time LEO duty holsters were impossible to find. I sold it.

Later I bought a P320 9mm Compact. It's been a great pistol and I still have it. It feels great in the hand, is reliable and I shoot it well. I sent it back for the upgrade and it came back just as good. Not long ago I bought a .40 S&W FS Caliber Conversion Kit. It also shoots great.

I"ve always kinda regretted getting rid of my .45 P320. A few weeks ago I came across a lightly used one for a great price. Now I have another.

Cliff
FPD ret., USN ret., NRA Lifer

Posts: 45 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post