SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 or S&W M&P 2.0
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 or S&W M&P 2.0 Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
If you could only have one, which would you choose and why?

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M&P 2.0. is my pick. The 320 has too much muzzle rise for me and my M&P 1.0 is very resistant to limp wristing, weak ammo, and has low perceived recoil. IMHO.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I don't own either but have tried both. Between the two I would go with the P320. I tried the M&P 2.0 recently and it did not fit my hand well and the trigger releases way back. Seems M&P 2.0 might be a better fit for smaller hands from my experience. The P320C fit me well and the trigger breaks much further forward.

IMO it boils down to personal preference and best to try out both if you can before buying. Personally I prefer the Glock 19 over either.

Posts: 9743 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
Had both, the M&P 2.0 every day and twice on Sunday. Still have the 2.0 M&P.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 320. The M&P just sucks. Bad trigger, rough action, and no soul.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
320. Easiest vote ever. I own the 1.0's and have played with the 2.0's. They are better than the 1.0 but the trigger still would be replaced by Apex and the 320 is still more modular and jljones reported the barrel shit itself accuracy wise around 8000 rounds. (if I mischaracterized that last part please correct me).

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P320's were top dog, striker-fired pistols for a while. Send to Mr. Gray or (eventually) replace trigger with a Gray trigger and trigger could get to about 4.5 pounds-force. Shot a P320C9 in IDPA for some time. Have several P320 in family. All retired now and replaced with M&P or Walther.

Shoot a M2.0 with apex 2-dot sear in IDPA and have a better trigger than was ever possible with P320. Easy to swap sear - do not need to touch the trigger pin.

Shoot M&P M1.0 5inch 9L Pro CORE with Venom sight in CF bullseye - insides are Apex as M1.0 needed help that m2.0 does not need.

The M2.0 is available with 5", 4.25" (full height) and 4" (same size as G19). Be sure you are considering a M2.0 (and not a discounted M1.0) with the needed size, and take the effort needed to find which of four backstraps fit, and replace the sear, and you will have a better pistol. Prices are in the $400 to $425 range - a lot less than P320 prices.

Of course, M&P may not (yet) have the status of a SIG... .. . .

Aside: some comments seem to be about M1.0

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
320 for me. No contest. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
2.0 M&P, especially now after I've toyed around (though not yet shot) with the upgraded 320 9-BSS guns from the factory. The trigger on my departed 320C was never this mushy.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just went through this and I purchase an M&P 2.0 5 inch, both are good self defense handguns but the M&P has a lot more aftermarket support. I rented both and I shot the M&P better.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both and love both. The P320 points like my classic P series Sig's so if you are used to shooting Sig's I would say get a 320. If you are used to shooting glocks I would get a 2.0 because they point more like a glock.

Either way you cannot go wrong both are great pistols and shoot fantastic.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunguru123:
Had both, the M&P 2.0 every day and twice on Sunday. Still have the 2.0 M&P.

Yep. Pretty much nailed it.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
The M&P 2.0. It's simply a better gun.

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Both!!

But if I had to pick one it would be the M&P 2.0.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
What if choosing between a performance center 5” M&P 9L C.O.R.E or a P320 X5?

Looking for factory RDS cuts...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The M&P 2.0 is my preference by a large margin.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the M&P 2.0. I never could warm up to the P320 and at least all the samples I've felt the trigger on have left me underwhelmed. Given what can be done with both in the aftermarket as well, the M&P 2.0 hands down.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
2.0 is well made, low recoil, fits every hand.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
M&P 2.0 Compact if I couldn't take a G19.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both, the Glock Gen 5 G19 or M&P 2.0C pretty much flip a coin for me, but I like the Glock just a little bit more. If the CZ P-10C was the same size as the above two, I might very well pick the CZ.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post