SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG/Hammerli P75 (Swiss Army 9mm P220)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG/Hammerli P75 (Swiss Army 9mm P220) Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted
I finally scored one. Muzzle wear but original holster and mag carrier. I picked it up from my FFL yesterday and we were out innawoods today for an annual tradition of MG's and friends so I brought it along.

more pics: https://imgur.com/a/bJZ2NWW

Posts: 3081 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I've always wanted to pick one up. Made strong runs at the last two that were on GB, but, once I was getting into the $2K+ range, I regained my sanity and backed off.

Enjoy!

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I'm also happy to have scored an early one.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Probably the first one I've seen a photo of. I like its holster and magazine carrier. Gotta ask, what is that thing laying aside it on the tree stump ? Razz

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
what is that thing laying aside it on the tree stump ?

B&T USW. It's supposed to be a PDW with stock but currently just a pistol. Basically a Swiss CZ75 clone Sphinx lower with enclosed slide upper and Aimpoint.

An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Nice score!

I'm jonesing for a B&T USW-P... any idea if they're available anywhere on this side of the pond?

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcs1564:
Congrats! I've always wanted to pick one up. Made strong runs at the last two that were on GB, but, once I was getting into the $2K+ range, I regained my sanity and backed off.

Edelweiss has a couple right now for a lot less than that: https://edelweissarms.com/prem...bc_fsnf=1&Model=P220

Still too expensive for me right now, but I enjoy "window shopping" on their site from time to time... :-)

Posts: 279 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: August 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
P75’s have an A serial number or Z serial number if Swiss Customs. The others are normal 220’s

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

I watched a few P75s on Brokegunner, but got distracted by a P220 in 9mm Luger instead.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
P75’s have an A serial number or Z serial number if Swiss Customs. The others are normal 220’s

But "A"s can also be police. Saw one "Z" but couldn't afford it. The photo shows an Army holster while the police use Black.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tp1l:
Edelweiss has a couple right now for a lot less than that: https://edelweissarms.com/prem...bc_fsnf=1&Model=P220

Still too expensive for me right now, but I enjoy "window shopping" on their site from time to time... :-)

Thanks. I’ve looked at P75s Edelweiss has had in the past, but, didn’t like where the import markings were located.

Not that they were bad, but, my preference is where TAI marks them down at the bottom of the grip.

quote:
Originally posted by Udo:
But "A"s can also be police. Saw one "Z" but couldn't afford it. The photo shows an Army holster while the police use Black.

Interesting. I thought those issued to Police were P220s.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Customs and Swiss border police is not LEO. Both are federal organizations, not organizations of the cantons like the police is. A brown P75 holster would be correct with Z (Zoll=Customs) prefixed Pistol 75.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Both are army holsters. The army went from green to black for a reason I don't know, respectively don't understand.

Posts: 48 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
what is that thing laying aside it on the tree stump ?

B&T USW. It's supposed to be a PDW with stock but currently just a pistol. Basically a Swiss CZ75 clone Sphinx lower with enclosed slide upper and Aimpoint.

It’s funny how something one has never seen reappears in a short time span.
I just handled that model in Plano, TX in Riflegear. They had the folding stock, as well.
Pretty interesting, yet pricey for what it is.

Former US Army, Sgt., 82nd Abn. Div. Paratrooper,
Infantryman, (81mm Mortars) Certified Armorer

Love God, Country, & Family

Posts: 89 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Re P-75 holsters are dated with year by Swiss mfgs. Likly the green were early issues for military then changed to black.

Posts: 186 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
OP, forgive me for going OT, but a good leather holster made to the same design as that military holster might wind up looking pretty dang nice.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Very nice find, I like the "P" stamp.

What year do figure your P75 is from?
Thanks for showing.

Posts: 1551 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Very nice find, thank you for sharing it with us.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My black leather Sig P75 holster is dated 1984 along with mfg, checked my matching black leather mag pouch and I didn't see any year or mfg. Op any chance of you checking your green mag pouch for year/mfg. On the look out for a P75 but until then a KC/1992 45auto P220 will have to substitute in the holster. Out of curiosity I tried the P220 45auto mag in the P75 mag pouch and it fits no problem. Also tried a P225 mag and it fit fine with room to spare. Mag poch in very decent shape for age, excellent quality leather/construction like the holster.

Posts: 186 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
My Green P75 army holster is by W. Utzinger and dated "75".
I have two Black versions dated in the eighties.I haven't seen a dated magazine pouch in any color.