SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig legion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig legion Login/Join 
posted
Gonna throw this out there, I've had a 226 d/a legion for 2 years now and want another. What do you guys think 229 in 9mm or 220 in .45? Thanks

Paul Wright

Posts: 9 | Registered: October 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pwright:
Gonna throw this out there, I've had a 226 d/a legion for 2 years now and want another. What do you guys think 229 in 9mm or 220 in .45? Thanks

It's really up to you.. Apparently you are a DA/SA guy but if you are not strictly a DA/SA guy I would suggest getting the P226 Legion SAO..

Just a thought..

USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) Bremerton WA.
Sig P938/238 Equinox
Sig P320C RX
Colt Mustang XSP FE

Posts: 50 | Location: Southeast NH | Registered: March 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've thought of that. Just worried it would be too similar.

Paul Wright

Posts: 9 | Registered: October 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
My next gun will be a Legion P220 10mm.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Get the P229 if you love your P226 and want a smaller version to carry concealed. The P220 is a perfect duty pistol and range gun.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Get the P229 if you love your P226 and want a smaller version to carry concealed. The P220 is a perfect duty pistol and range gun.

This. I will say the 229 is actually surprisingly easy to carry and conceal if you're willing to dress around the gun a bit

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carried a P229 for years on the job and it's a great pistol as long as it doesn't have the rail. I won't own one with it. To me, it's an in-betweener. I carry my P239 much of the time and the rest it's my P220 Legion. For me, the rail works on a P226 or P220 but nothing smaller. Just my opinion (and everyone has one.) So...you know what my vote is for.

P239
M11-A1
340 M&P

Posts: 552 | Location: Okla | Registered: August 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 226 Legion SAO and would like to have a 229 Legion.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
I just sold my P226 Legion DA/SA and bought the P226 Legion SAO. I also have a P229 Legion and the P220 Legion. All three guns are amazing.

I think I like the P226 SAO best. That SAO trigger is fantastic. A real pleasure to shoot. You can't go wrong with whatever you decide.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:

I toyed with the Legion 10MM but got the 220 Elite 10mm instead. I wanted a full stainless frame. wasn't sure how the Legion alloy frame would hold up in 10mm. I love the Elite Stainless 10mm

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was surprised at the price difference between the P220 Legion in .45ACP and the 10mm. I bought my 220 Legion .45ACP for around $1150.00 at my LGS. They have the P220 Legion in 10mm for $1609.00.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick_Perry:
quote:

I was surprised at the price difference between the P220 Legion in .45ACP and the 10mm. I bought my 220 Legion .45ACP for around $1150.00 at my LGS. They have the P220 Legion in 10mm for $1609.00.

Legion stainless steel is far more precious than Legion aluminum alloy...Wink

The comparative difference in price for a standard alloy P220 in 45AUTO--acknowledging that it doesn't come with a long slide and 5" barrel--vs the typical 10mm version is about just as wide. Yet a 45AUTO SSE doesn't carry the same size price premium over a standard alloy P220. Engineering for 10mm must be 'a thing' over at SIG.

We just had a Kimber 10mm TLE II come in and through the shop; only a $20 difference in price from its 45AUTO sibling. Went fast, probably I need to order more.

Then there's those dorks over at Glock who make their goofy, goopy polymer guns the same cost whether 45 or 10. Guess those plastic fantastic boys just don't care what the load is. Razz

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Me too!

I entered the drawing for one on Sig's website. Big Grin

https://www.sigsauer.com/promotions/

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
quote:
Me too!

I entered the drawing for one on Sig's website. Big Grin

https://www.sigsauer.com/promotions/

I was just going to post this and say last day to enter.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry V:
quote:

I toyed with the Legion 10MM but got the 220 Elite 10mm instead. I wanted a full stainless frame. wasn't sure how the Legion alloy frame would hold up in 10mm. I love the Elite Stainless 10mm

I called Sig this AM. They confirm that the frame is stainless steel.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post