SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    PSA AK-V 9MM MOE SBA3 PISTOL
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA AK-V 9MM MOE SBA3 PISTOL Login/Join 
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted
Is anyone here familiar with the PSA AK-V 9mm MOE SBA3 pistol? It takes Scorpion and Palmetto State Armory U9 35 round magazines.

https://palmettostatearmory.co...lack-5165450169.html

Why do I click on their emails? Roll Eyes

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
They just released it today so no one is going to be familiar yet unless they're a PSA Engineer. $730 shipped and sold out in minutes. Very sexy setup especially with the Scorpion mags. I want one almost as badly as I want their MP5 clone.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
That looks sweet!

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
They just released it today so no one is going to be familiar yet unless they're a PSA Engineer. $730 shipped and sold out in minutes. Very sexy setup especially with the Scorpion mags. I want one almost as badly as I want their MP5 clone.

I rarely read their emails, so I had no idea when this was released. I know they have a lot of new models. I will be interested to read the first range report.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
If you’re a big AK fan, I think the gun makes sense. Otherwise I think the Scorpion is a better option. I’ve never been a fan of AK ergos. Just having the charging handle on the left side of the gun would make me prefer the Scorpion.

If you can swing a B&T GHM9, then that is head and shoulders above the Scorpion even. So I’m back to, unless you’re a big AK guy, I don’t think this gun even blips on your radar. I still think it’s cool that they made a new option for us, and I think it was smart to use Scorpion mags.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The one in the video with the aluminum forend looked pretty spiffy.

But wood furniture would be even cooler.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
For a fun gun I'm definitely interested. Especially if it can be SBR'd easily to take a PP-19 folding stock.

The Scorpion never really appealed to me. I think one of these and an MP5 clone would scratch the 9mm itch pretty well.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
MP5 clone, also, for me. Anyone have a link to that one?

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
MP5 clone, also, for me. Anyone have a link to that one?

I would be interested in a PSA5, depending on the price. One article said they may also release a model which takes Glock mags. I suppose that would be nice companion for a Glock pistol, but I think I will prefer the traditional HK MP5 look.

Several articles from the SHOT show mentioned a late 2018/early 2019 release time frame. Pricing is the real question. Some rumors suggested $600, which I tend to doubt. Others mentioned a $1,000 street price. If they get it in the $700-$900 price range, they are reliable, and they work witn HK sears and parts, they will have trouble keeping up with demand.

posted Hide Post
I’m gonna save up the money for an expensive MP5 clone well before psa releases theirs.. and I’m a poor s.o.b.

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Looks interesting.

Will have to keep an eye on this one.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
If you’re a big AK fan, I think the gun makes sense. Otherwise I think the Scorpion is a better option.
Yup

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I just got confirmation that my AK-V shipped to my FFL today. Green Magpul furniture with the triangle folder.

Should be fun!

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
They just released it today...

What's different about this one over their 9mm AK they had back in May?

From over a year ago...

PSA Q&A: THE AK-V

https://youtu.be/ttAtNjxwZ8U

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I think the thread was actually pretty old and I resurrected it maybe? New or old, in either case my OD green triangle folder should be at my FFL on Tuesday.

I’m already looking at swapping things out on it and I’ve never even shot it. And this from a guy that swore to never get into AKs Frown

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Think of yourself as getting into Bizons. They're different. Sorta.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked at the posted date Dec....
....didn't check the year...

2018 Eek

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post