SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210 carry?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210 carry? Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone heard anything about when? Thought these were coming like 2 years ago from horses mouth at NRA mtg? The skeleton took be surprise, so I remain hopeful.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Supposedly SIG removed the 210 American from their 2020 website catalog and only offers the target with the grips everyone hates...….So I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sox:
Has anyone heard anything about when? Thought these were coming like 2 years ago from horses mouth at NRA mtg? The skeleton took be surprise, so I remain hopeful.

You can forget about it. They already dropped the Standard, only keeping the Target.

Regarding the Skeleton, it's from the Mastershop in SIG DE and has nothing to do with SIG USA.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"SIG Sauer excited handgun fans with the launch of U.S.-made models in the form of the P210 Standard and the P210 Target. However, consumers asked for a carry-ready version, and they got it in 2020 in the form of the P210 Carry."

4th one down of the 5 they talk about in the article.

https://www.americanrifleman.o...guns-from-sig-sauer/

Posts: 342 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ SAY WHAT!?!?!?!?

(reads linked-to article)
Eek Eek Eek Eek Eek

I can already tell that I'm going to be one of those who rewards Ken Hogue for his hard work on the 210, but talk about a bolt from the blue!

Now if we can just keep those dizzy buggers at SIG from sending them out with that horrible "combat sight set up" nonsense where the damned thing shoots 6 to 8 inches low at 25 yards...POA = POI AT ANYWHERE FROM 25 YARDS TO 50 METERS, SIG!

sox, FWIW, maybe you oughtta change the title of this thread to "210 Carry!"?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Nice.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The P210A Target first reared its head at SHOT 2016. Didn't make it to the market until late 2017.

At SHOT 2017, they showed the Supertarget (long slide 6-incher that Vickers was holding), and it's still vaporware today.

So, I'll believe it, when I see the Carry actually hitting the market.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
An aluminum frame version of a P210 isn’t a P210. Sig Exeter screws the pooch again.
If they can’t make a steel frame carry version of such an iconic handgun, there’s zero hope of a P938 all-steel model. Frown

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AH3, WOW! Thanks for the link. Looks like it just needs some retro grips.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
An aluminum frame version of a P210 isn’t a P210. Sig Exeter screws the pooch again.
If they can’t make a steel frame carry version of such an iconic handgun, there’s zero hope of a P938 all-steel model. Frown

And why on earth would you want to carry a steel gun with the round count of the 210 in 9mm? It just seems like a very limited market would want the carry in steel. You want steel go with the standard with a slightly longer barrel......woops they discontinued it.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Carry grips would fit on the Standard. There should be some options. Carry pistol looks good, but I will stick to my Standard. Not sure why one wants single action Carry with aluminum frame and 8 rds capacity. It is not even a collectors piece.

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:

And why on earth would you want to carry a steel gun with the round count of the 210 in 9mm? It just seems like a very limited market would want the carry in steel. You want steel go with the standard with a slightly longer barrel......woops they discontinued it.

Hmmm, let’s see. “They” discontinued the standard sized model but it's still on SigSauer USA's website and SigSauer AG in Europe hasn't discontinued their 5" version. Some people carry 1911 Commander size pistols, which would be heavier than an all-steel P210 Carry. I too own a strong belt and it’s my hip not yours. I also enjoy shooting all-steel frame handguns, particularly iconic ones and I stand by my statement: an AL framed copy isn’t a P210.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/BIeKsEKz_T0

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NoQuota:

https://youtu.be/USuCM5zxotI

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Q

pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
With a MSRP of $1300, the "P210 Carry" will be discontinued shortly...

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, right before it starts. Seriously. MSRP of $1300 translates to street price of $900 - $1000. How many will buy this big single stack 9 to carry for SIG to justify keeping it in the lineup?

Q

pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Yeah, right before it starts. Seriously. MSRP of $1300 translates to street price of $900 - $1000. How many will buy this big single stack 9 to carry for SIG to justify keeping it in the lineup?

Not to mention the AL frame will turn off collectors and one has no idea of this model’s service life + long term accuracy. That price with the traditional steel frame might work.

posted Hide Post
‘Can you imagine someone paying close to $1000 for a single-stack 9mm with an alloy frame?’

Given the existing number of 9mm 1911’s, shouldn’t that question be posed to other makers too? Dan Wesson seems to readily sell its Vigil Commander, for example.

That said, I thought I noticed a claimed weight of 39oz and thus I’m not sure what the move to alloy achieves.

I’d be willing to look at it.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I assume it uses an 8-round mag? ie The host was only firing 5 rounds per mag.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post