SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Century Beretta Model 71 .22
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Century Beretta Model 71 .22 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Hello PGT,

The best I can measure is 5mm for the height of the sight. Make it 6mm and you can file it down....

Which brand of ammunition does everyone use? I had a few jams with the CCI hollowpoints I used. It looked like they slammed into the ramp and flattened out instead of sliding up and into the chamber. It didn't matter whether it was the factory or the Triple-K magazines (which supposedly had issues that have been overcome recently).

will try and get pictures up soon- it was a fun little gun to shoot.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Stingers and MiniMags work great.

I scored a Beretta USA imported 71 this weekend from TGS. Such a nice gun...

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
And you got a freaking deal! I'll have to console myself with my banged up war scrap.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I finally did buy a 71. It was at a local pawn shop about 6 months ago. At the time I did not feel good about spending $300. ( this is not one of the recent imports but a button safety no import marks gun from the late 50's early 60's) went back 2 weeks ago and to my surprise the gun was still there. The pawnshop owner offer $250 out the door and I jumped on it. Only issue is the mag is aftermarket ( I suspect a triple k) but the gun runs great with it. I have two more triple k's on the way as well as a supposed factory mag, so should be set there. Sub one inch ten yard groups with cci standard. It fed everything except aguila high velocity. While the mag will hold 9pr10 if you limit your load to 8 they run great. With the exception of the high velocity aguila everything I ran into n the gun worked unless you tried to start with 9 in the mag. For those running these does your triple k lock the slide on empty? The one I have does not ( no show stopper on a plinking gun) just wondering

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
all of my mags lock back on empty. two are the triple-k mags, plus the one that came with the pistol from Century. fun little gun

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The magazine availabity is why I just stay happy with my Beretta 87 and stocked back a good number of magazines for it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post