SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther PPQ .22 ammo question?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther PPQ .22 ammo question? Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
If you have a PPQ .22lr (not the P22), what ammo do you recommend or not recommend? Thanks!

Posts: 12435 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
CCI 36 and 40gr Mini mags is what I use 90%of the time. I honesty don’t know how finicky the gun is, I haven’t branched out to cheaper 22 ammo. Most of the time mine is shot suppressed. Lead nose stuff is nasty to clean.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Well CCI 40gr solid Mini mags are the gold standard for reliability in semi auto 22s.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
Well CCI 40gr solid Mini mags are the gold standard for reliability in semi auto 22s.

Valid point on the CCI MM. However, my local Cabelas has a killer deal on Federal bulk 36 grain ammo right now. I pick up my new PPQ M2 in .22 on Monday and I was thinking of getting a bucket of 1600 rounds if it would work.

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I’d try a small box to test before buying 1600rds.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
I’d try a small box to test before buying 1600rds.

Good point. Nice setup you have there BTW>.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Everything! I've fired everything off the shelf. I put over 1,000 through mine before I had a malfunction and probably 800 of them were suppressed. That was all without cleaning or lubing at all.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My experience has been if you want your gun to choke feed it cheap bulk pack ammo. I agree mini mag is the standard for plinking grade ammo reliability. I will buy the mini mag 300 packs and ar tactical with my newest being an S&W 422 made in the late 90’s) the one type of ammo pretty much all my guns choke on is federal

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Re: "the one type of ammo pretty much all my guns choke on is federal"

I've put quite a bit of Federal AutoMatch through my Beretta 87 Target with no issues. But I've settled on Aguila Pistol Match as my preferred ammo.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
My experience has been if you want your gun to choke feed it cheap bulk pack ammo. I agree mini mag is the standard for plinking grade ammo reliability. I will buy the mini mag 300 packs and ar tactical with my newest being an S&W 422 made in the late 90’s) the one type of ammo pretty much all my guns choke on is federal

I did a multi-day Appleseed course with my S&W M&P 15-22 using exclusively Federal bulk ammo with IIRC only 2 FF/FE. I’ve got CCI MM, Winchester 40 grain and Federal bulk ready for my PPQ M2 .22lr. I’ll see how it reacts with all of them next week and report back.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
Everything! I've fired everything off the shelf. I put over 1,000 through mine before I had a malfunction and probably 800 of them were suppressed. That was all without cleaning or lubing at all.

x2
Mine has eaten everything I’ve fired through it as well.
I have the 5” model which doesn’t make a difference. Mine eventually started to malfunction but it was filthy...hahah

Nice little plinker btw, still need to suppress mine.

Posts: 472 | Location: Montgomery County, PA | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I put about 150 rounds of CCI Mini Mag through mine today. No FF/FE of any sort. It did fail to lock back 2-3 times after the last round. I’m not sure if it was me riding the slide release or not. In any event, I am very pleased with it. I like having the same manual of arms, feel and trigger as my PPQ M2.