SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Advise on stretching cartridge loops on gun belt.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advise on stretching cartridge loops on gun belt. Login/Join 
posted
I need to enlarge the 44 cal. loops on a western style gun belt to work with 45 ammo. Any help appreciated.

Posts: 80 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: May 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd say just get your 45's in there and leave them for a few days.

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I don't see why you couldn't moisten (for example, with a sponge or rag) the loops, jam your cartridges in while still wet, and leave until dry.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
As mentioned above, dampen the loops and stick the 45 ammo in them. Let dry, then oil the loops
Bear in mind, there is usually no going back.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I read online a suggestion to use a light misting of alcohol and water. Don't saturate, just dampen. Insert the preferred pistol or in your case, cartridge and allow to dry.

I've done this process with 1.5" leather holster loops to stretch to 1.75".

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Alcohol will help leather stretch. Regular old rubbing alcohol. Get the high test.

Treat the leather after.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dummy cartridges and moisten the leather.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post