SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ever go to the gunstore and leave with a gun you never intended to buy?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever go to the gunstore and leave with a gun you never intended to buy? Login/Join 
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Depend on if your definition of "gun store" includes the SIGforum Classifieds. If so, then hell yes.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Impulse buys? Yes. Discovering something wholly unexpected that strikes a chord with me? Also yes. The latter usually work out better, but I've gotten a few gems with the former as well, though there have also been some real dogs along that path.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Only the expensive ones.

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have done that. I have also bought a gun because I had a holster it would fit!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Yep, we were waiting on a takeout pizza and I knew a gun store nearby...now I own a Walther PPQ.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely, I frequented the lgs about a mile away so much, I would help put up the inventory at the end of the night, even helped customers when they were real busy. The result...he gave me crazy great prices, especially on stuff not on the shelves yet. I bought so many guns from him...

Posts: 202 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
Yep. Its happened before. Or I'll go "just to look", pick one up, then be strong and leave, only to turn back and make the purchase.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I have done that. I have also bought a gun because I had a holster it would fit!

Glad I'm not the only one who has done that. Impulse buying? Yep. That's what gets me into trouble and then before you know it, my safe is full with pistols laying on top of pistols laying on top of pistols. Then I end up selling some. Kind of a viscous cycle I need to break.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not with a holster but I almost bought a PS90 because I had been given about a half a case of 5.7 ammo and didn't have a gun to shoot the stuff with. Didn't really want the gun, so calmer heads prevailed in the end. Sold off the ammo instead, though I think I still have a couple of boxes lying around somewhere. Just in case I end up wanting one...I guess. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What do you mean by never...

Last time I went in the the LGS to look at 10mms..the sig p220 and a Dan Wesson Rz10 specifically..I may catch hell for this here but I walked out with a G20. I had always wanted one and I knew Id get one eventually but that day it was not on the list.

Posts: 140 | Location: NW Kansas | Registered: May 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
*coughcoughBeretta87coughcough*

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I have it under control. I can stop any time I want to.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
At least three times I can think of:

Bul M5 (since sold)

870 Marine magnum

P229SAS (since sold to a member, regret it)

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All too often years ago, but those urges have been tempered by what I actually shoot these days instead of just accumulating. But, I have to say, my head still spins around when I go into a gun shop, or, see some things on line, then I ask myself, will you really shoot it, or just hold on to it and sell it later on.

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jwk226
posted Hide Post
That happens all too often....I like to browse the used gun sections and find rarely shot gems. Last time was a HK P30 that was traded in after 6 months. It looked like it was never even taken to the range, but was about $200 off of a new one.

Posts: 63 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: February 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who hasn't?

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Haha I've bought ammo just cuz Walmart had it in stock when all ammo was hard to get and had to buy a gun to match

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
does a duck fart underwater?

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
All too often

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
funny you should mention a 629. got one of those in January

Are you sure that's the right photo? It looks like an 8-shot 627 to me.

Posts: 117 | Registered: February 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post