SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ever go to the gunstore and leave with a gun you never intended to buy?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever go to the gunstore and leave with a gun you never intended to buy? Login/Join 
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted
mk4 by Darin Hartl, on Flickr

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
OOww Nice! I want to try one of those. Awaiting your range report!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
It has happened many times.

Nice pick up!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Absolutely! Congrats! Let us know how you like it.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
OOww Nice! I want to try one of those. Awaiting your range report!

RMD

I will have to go to the range..this thing is crazy light, especially when I compare it to my mkII with the 10" bull barrel. and taking the barrel off makes me smile!

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Since I almost never walk into a Gun Store intending to buy anything specific, I often leave with firearms I never intended to buy

I was never going to buy this boxy 45, until I felt the double action trigger. Leave it to the Swiss to make something so smooth

I was never going to buy this revolver, the asking price was TOO high. Then it turned out that the serial number was my Birthday. I took that as a commandment from GOD to make the deal on this rare, unissued, RISP model 66

I was never going to buy this SxS (had damaged barrels), but the price was so cheap that I used it as a donor to make a Coach Gun

There are lots more examples over the decades of walking into gun stores and pawn shops.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Nice, I am glad that I didn't walk in and find that or it probably would have left with me. So far in less than a month, I have left with 3 guns not intending on purchasing! A 60 model Colt Trooper MKIII, a 85 model 629 with 8 3/8th barrel and a Remington R1 Enhanced.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
funny you should mention a 629. got one of those in January

PC629 by Darin Hartl, on Flickr

Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
No, because I always intend to buy guns I never intended to buy...

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
In the future I will, If I go in there and see a S&W 619 for under $650

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
Lol, yes, once to many.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Yes several times.
I quit that crap last year,I honestly did.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. After you tear that thing down you'll have to let us know if it is as easy to take down and clean as they market it.

The only Mark IV I've seen in the stores are the long barreled special edition but it was behind glass and I didn't get to fondle it.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Is that a new version of a 22/45 lite? Looks different.

As for the question, nope. Never purchased a gun from a gun store. All mine were hand me downs, gifts, or internet purchases.

I have walked in many times and walked out wondering how they stay in business.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of times. Usually when I was between marriages. Smile

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
Lots of times. Usually when I was between marriages. Smile

Too funny.
A couple times, I went in for a Kimber 9mm 1911 and walked out with a sig C3 plus in 45acp. Man I hate when I do that.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Yep! Thankfully it's only rarely these days.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Many times. Luckily, I've run out of storage room and also guns that I wouldn't miss if I traded them.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NO, NEVER happen that would be crazey Roll Eyes

Posts: 15 | Registered: July 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't say I have. I plan out my purchases too much. Kinda wish I was more impulsive. Nice pickup on that Mark IV!

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post