SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    First range trip w/ new P365 (updated with new range report)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First range trip w/ new P365 (updated with new range report) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
Sig FMJ malfunctions and cases.

I would say you mhave been more than patient. I would call Sig, e-mail them the picture with the FTE and tell them the gun no longer functions.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with Sig again. I didn't bother with breaking down how many malfunctions in how many rounds. I just stated that I'm having failures to extract with multiple magazines on three different brands of ammo, and that I'm seeing erratic ejection patterns and brass markings forward of the ejection port. The rep verified that the malfunctions were all with brass cased ammo, and then he promptly told me he'd setup an RMA and get me a pre-paid Fed-Ex label.

I did mention the primer swipe from center all the way to the edge of the primer, but he reiterated what Phil had posted. That it's normal for the 365 and is not associated with any malfunctions or indicative of a problem.

While I'm still a bit concerned about the swipe, I'm happy to get the extraction/ejection issue fixed. But I'll be sure to inspect my striker when I get it back. Wink

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
Like I pointed out, my LGS, owner is and has been a good friend for years, and I have full trust in him, and his opinion, he didn't want to order any of the P365's until the problems were taken care of, and I appreciate that,he did say that his Sig agent felt that the problems for the most part had been resolved, only time will tell, I buy and trade guns with him on a regular basis, on your car salesmen comment, I agree totally, but as a man gets older he learns who he can trust and who fe can't, IMHO..

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
My 365 arrived at Sig on Friday, July 13th. Today I got an email notice that it's shipping back with delivery expected by Monday, July 30th. I may not be able to get to the range until the following weekend, but I'll report back on what was done per the service ticket.

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Received my 365 back today. According to the service order, they replaced the extractor spring and the striker, cleaned it up (no more brass marks on the slide), and tested it. I checked the striker and it is the newer style with the sloped end, rather than the rounded end. I'll take a few hundred rounds out and test it this weekend. I'm hoping the extraction issue is gone, and I'm curious whether the primer swipe will be any different with the new striker.

Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Went out today with 100 rounds each of American Eagle 124gr FMJ, Remington UMC 115gr FMJ, and Winchester White Box 115gr FMJ. Everything fed, fired, extracted, and ejected well. The spent cases all ended up landing between 2:30 - 3:30, about 5 - 8 feet away. That's a huge improvement over the erratic ejection that I had previously.

The service order indicated that they replaced the striker and I do have the newer style tip now. The primer swipe is still present.

I'm still getting used to this tiny gun, so I don't mind running so much ammo through it, as it gives me more trigger time on it. Today everything was at 10 yards, I used one 9" plate for slow fire and one for a faster pace.

I started out with the American Eagle 124gr. I shot the faster string first with that one so I could heat it up, as that's when it tended to malfunction before. It tended a little bit left, but ran fine. I forgot to tape up the previous holes around the plates, so not ALL of those hits off the plate are from this session. Wink

The Remington UMC seemed to shoot really well. It shot closest to POA of all three brands.
My first magazine went into this great little group, which I proceeded to cover up with the next 5 mags worth. Razz

Out of the rounds I ran today, WWB had a definite tendency to hit left of POA. It was also the last brand, so there may have been some fatigue involved there.

ETA: Forgot to mention, in case anyone is wondering, I have not seen any scratches or marks on the backs of any of my magazines, either before or after the factory service.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JAFO,

Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Mine shot a little to the left as well a little tap on the rear sight with the slide wrapped in leather put in a vice with a hickory block and hammer fixed that problem. fun Pistol for sure.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
Mine shot a little to the left as well a little tap on the rear sight with the slide wrapped in leather put in a vice with a hickory block and hammer fixed that problem. fun Pistol for sure.

Seems to be more pronounced with some brands than others, but I'm still trying to figure out of it's me or the sights. Next session I'm going to try my carry ammo again, see where that impacts, and adjust from there.

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
It's a small pistol with a small grip. I'm used to a 1911 grip. I determined it was my finger placement. Easy remedy. If changing the sight is easier, great.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
It's a small pistol with a small grip. I'm used to a 1911 grip. I determined it was my finger placement. Easy remedy. If changing the sight is easier, great.

Did you end up using more or less on the trigger? I seem to have better luck using more.

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

Did you end up using more or less on the trigger? I seem to have better luck using more.

More...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
You can't go wrong with more...

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post