SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 Elite Dark vs TacOps

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
P226 Elite Dark vs TacOps Login/Join 
posted
Hello,
Does anyone know what is the difference between the Elite Dark and the TacOps version of P226? How come Elite Dark is no longer for sale? I tried to find the material of the frame of the Elite Dark but could not find anything. I suppose it is aluminum?

Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
I think the Elite Dark flopped because of the sights that were installed on them. They used these huge adjustable combat sights which could not be swapped because of the unique dovetail. The ED has an alloy frame with an extended beaver tail. It also has an Elite slide with front cocking serrations and aluminum SIG branded hogue grips.

If you go with a tacops, you have the ability to swap the grips and sights if you don't like the way it came from the factory.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the reply. You seem to be the only one around who knows it.

posted Hide Post
Billy is correct; those awful sights and proprietary dovetail are a great reason to stay away from an elite Dark. i love the aluminum grips they come with though - but you can buy them separately. The TACOPS is still an Elite pistol and is the variant to get if you are interested in all the mags that come with it. Otherwise, a regular Enhanced Elite will do it for you also (comes with E2 grips). in general, any elite pistol will come with forward serrations, beavertail, and SRT. The tacops, elite dark, and enhanced elite are all elite Sigs.

Posts: 213 | Location: North Texas (DFW) | Registered: July 08, 2015Report This Post