SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What to do with slide
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to do with slide Login/Join 
Picture of NMDave
posted
I purchased my P226 Legion in 2016. Later, they launched the Legion RX. Wanting a red dot, I purchased their Legion caliber exchange kit in 2018 with Romeo installed. I placed the original slide in the box the kit came in and there she sits for 2 years now.

In my situation would you sell slide or buy a legion lower to marry it to and sell as a complete unit?

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Start looking at it economically, do you want money coming in or money going out?

While I'm generally a "more guns is always the right answer!" guy, there's nothing stopping you from putting it back on the original frame to shoot. If you haven't done that, a new frame probably won't see much use after the initial testing and novelty wears off.

But going back to the original point a little, it doesn't eat much or take up much space. Doing nothing is an acceptable option.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
We are not all wired the same. That said, I would keep it. You don't have to pay to feed it or care for it. Besides, I don't think you can buy just a lower because it is another firearm.

Or post it for sale here in the Classifieds.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

RX on pistols is still fairly new, and I expect in the next few years more advances will come to market just like the early years of red dot sights on riffles.

Right now, the design flaw I believe needs to be addressed is the open space between the laser emitter and the glass. Outside activities where debris can interfere or obstruct the operations of the laser impacts it's use.

I am hanging onto my original P226 Slide and my P320 Full and Compact Slides for future milling for sights that do not currently exist in the market place.

I've also considered buying an 80% P320 FCU and completing/building it on my own. Grip Shells are not expensive and if I have a slide laying around the only real expense is for the 80% FCU. If I didn't live in CA, I would just buy a new FCU for about $300 from AB Prototype.

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
All good points... I purchased the exchange because the Legion mark on the non RX is right where I would have to have milled for a Romeo. Maybe I should just keep it all.

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post