SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig and Zev have made a Gucci 320
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig and Zev have made a Gucci 320 Login/Join 
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Woof, no thanks.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
What really pisses me off is right now is the only way to get a Carry is to get this or a Wilson P320. I could do an M18, but I either get an optic or a rear sight which is about as stupid as all the slide cuts.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Design by wood chipper. Because that poor thing looks like it went through one.

-MG

Posts: 1981 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
What really pisses me off is right now is the only way to get a Carry is to get this or a Wilson P320.

Why? Get a compact and put a regular or carry length x-grip on it.

Compact and carry length slides and barrel length are the same. It's a modular pistol. You can make a P320 into whatever you want in under a minute.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Compact slides are almost a half inch shorter than the carry slides. There’s aftermarket slides out there, but after buying it, a barrel, and internals I’m at $700.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The slide and barrel on the P320 Compact is 3.9"

The slide and barrel on the P320 Carry is 3.9"

If you're thinking of the new x-compact, it's actually a subcompact rebranded with the "x-compact" grip module. It's not a P320 compact. It's a subcompact with a different grip module, and a new name.

The only difference between a P320 Compact, and a P320 Carry, is the grip module: the P320 Compact has a 15 round magazine, and the P320 Carry has a 17 round magazine. They have the same barrel length, and the same slide length, and except for the length of the grip (15 rd vs. 17 rd), they are the same.

Throw a carry grip module on a compact, and you've got a carry. Throw a compact grip module on a carry, and you've got a compact. Like magic.

If you want an x-compact size pistol, you'll need a subcompact slide and barrel, because that's what the x-compact is. A subcompact with a 15 rd. compact module. In that case, get a subcompact, and throw an x-compact grip module on it.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
And all of that means I’ll be spending the same amount on a new gun to get the gun I want when I could just buy a custom slide and internals and get no extra parts I don’t want.

Or they could just get off their ass and build an XCarry.

posted Hide Post
Only thing I really like is that it’s cut for rmr’s. Most popular dot on market and sig uses footprint for deltapoint pro. Which is a good optic but not the standard imo. (I love everything about my dpp exceptthe silly buttonology.

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I suppose that it’s good for these things to come along now and then so that there’s something to talk about on a gun related forum. Other than that, though ….

This, however, is the sort of issue that I find slightly concerning:

quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Why do outfits keep putting holes in slides? What is the fascination with crud-collection ports?

I never liked the hooked trigger guards that I believe the Germans instituted, and it’s only gotten worse with time. I was just looking at an 80% frame that has two or three spikes on the trigger guard, and some are big enough to hang a rappelling rope from. The hooks, though, are mostly just cosmetic and don’t affect the operation or reliability of the gun. And I suppose they add some aesthetic appeal to the lines of the weapon if a light is mounted on the accessory rail.

Holes in the slide, however, are a different matter. Where are the guys who used to write for the 1970s gun periodicals whose idea of a “torture test” was to dunk a pistol into a soupy slurry of mud and sand and then fire the gun? How would one of these monstrosities with multiple holes in the slide work then?

None of that would matter of course if the holes are limited to guns whose only purpose is get other shooters at the range to ooh! and ah! over, but what’s the chance that they will become de rigueur for “operators”? What would happen if the extra elite of an elite group like the Double-D Force decided that their handguns had to have slides with holes in them? How could the rest of us mere mortals resist that trend? Then it might mean that holeless slides would become a thing of the past, just as it’s difficult today to find a pistol with a trigger guard that can’t be used to gouge out an opponent’s eye if necessary.

Troubling times, I tell you.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
And all of that means I’ll be spending the same amount on a new gun to get the gun I want when I could just buy a custom slide and internals and get no extra parts I don’t want.

Actually, it doesn't.

Are you suggesting that The compact and carry aren't the same slide and barrel assembly? They are.

If you're saying that you have a subcompact slide and barrel assembly already, then it's a simple matter of using the modularity for which the weapon is designed, and putting a subcompact grip, or a carry grip on it. The subecompact slide is shorter: all you need to do is chop a little off the carry grip. It was never designed for the carry grip, and the carry grip dustcover has always been too long. Simply shorten it slightly. Then you have a short slide, with a flush dust cover, with a full grip that takes a 17 round magazine. Done.

If you have a compact, add a carry grip module. Now you have a carry. The full grip takes a 17 round magazine. The dust cover is flush with the end of the slide.

If you have a carry slide, add a carry grip module. The carry slide is the same size and length as the compact slide and barrel...and now you have your carry that takes a 17 round magazine, and has a dust cover that's flush with the end of the slide.

I'm not sure what you're saying. Clearly you want Sig to make a new carry model. If you mean that you don't have a P320 subcompact, compact, or carry, then yes, that is your only choice...other than buying one of the tens of thousands floating around presently as new old stock, CPO, used, or whatever.

You made the statement that the only way to get a Carry right now is the Zev offering, or the Wilson offering. This is not true. Moreover, a grip module is fifty or sixty bucks. Even if you buy a new Compact at full retail and swap out the grip module, you could still easily buy two pistols for the cost of the Zev or Wilson pistols.

You also stated that the compact and carry slides/barrels are different lengths. Also not true.

The buying panic has wiped out a lot of stores, and even CDNN's stuff is down to a few .40/.357 at the moment, and no P320's. That's a hoarding/panic issue, not a Sig issue. Given the modularity of the pistol and the ability to quickly transform whatever you own into whatever you want for very little cost, nearly effortlessly, it won't be long before any number of P320's can be had and probably inexpensively, when people begin dumping their panic buys back on the market. At that point, whatever you want is only a grip module away.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are you suggesting that The compact and carry aren't the same slide and barrel assembly? They are.

The X-Compact is shorter...maybe he's referring to that one? Sig's naming with their guns is so confusing.

As for the Zev, if it didn't have dirt windows on the slide, I'd buy one.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the quality of Zev's glocks are any indication, I wouldn't touch one with a 10' pole. Unless you want a single shot, gun.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Aesthetics and personal preferences aside, one could build this for cheaper just by buying a 320, a Wilson grip module and a "pro cut" slide from SIG.

Like you could come out at least $200 dollars ahead...and have even MORE holes in your slide.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Where is all the ice? That is a large pile of ridiculousness.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:

The X-Compact is shorter...maybe he's referring to that one? Sig's naming with their guns is so confusing.

Exactly. And if I bought a standard Carry (assuming I can find one), I have an extra FCU, grip shell, and two 15 round magazines I don’t want, nor do I to build it into something else.

Right now, the only plus side is Sig is starting to stock optic ready 3.9” slides on their webstore, but most are showing out of stock.

posted Hide Post
Grate some cheese in that bad boy

Posts: 28 | Location: Fort Worth Texas | Registered: January 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the pro cut slide from sig. I sure would like an rmr cut though.

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
I think it needs more serrations.

and speed holes in the slide to let in more awesome

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3205 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The OZ9 has been shearing off parts on people, I’d keep an eye on it if Zev makes it.

Posts: 28 | Location: Fort Worth Texas | Registered: January 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post