SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig and Zev have made a Gucci 320
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig and Zev have made a Gucci 320 Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
https://www.zevtechnologies.co...sig%20sauer%20launch

For $1300 I would rather just a standard 320 X-series with an RMR. A factory slide milled Trijicon RMR instead of the Sig Romeo would be my choice.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Answer is - "How do you to turn a $400 firearms into a $500 gun that costs you $1500, Bob"

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Answer is - "How do you to turn a $400 firearms into a $500 gun that costs you $1500, Bob"

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Perfect for the new owner to take to the range once a year, jerk the hell out of the trigger, and then complain that their high-end custom P320 doesn't shoot for shit and groups like a shotgun.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks good but I couldn't see paying that much for it. Like others have said, you can get a lot more for less.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks ridiculous. Cost is ridiculous. I doubt it shoots a 1/4" tighter than any other P320.

The P320 Legion is still the best deal going, if one wants a lot of features, in the P320 line. If not, there are plenty of ways to customize without going overboard, but they shoot just fine out of the box.

They're not tack drivers, and charging a lot more won't make them tack drivers, either.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Looks like an avocado had sex with an older more disgusting avocado.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
If there are suckers who buy them, why not? This applies to all other fancied up Tupperware out there, and not just this model.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Take an ultra-reliable $450 gun, add $250 worth of features that make it uglier and less reliable, and sell it for $1300. Where do I sign up? Roll Eyes

Posts: 8545 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
One might as well have the head of their garden shovel scroll engraved.

The minimum age for purchasing a pistol is 21. That's a clue, right there. I would expect this type of waste to attract younger, inexperienced gun owners.

Posts: 107510 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why do outfits keep putting holes in slides? What is the fascination with crud-collection ports?

Zev does say on their site that this pistol is known to the state of California to cause cancer, so there's that.

Why no warnings that it hurts unprotected ears, or could hurt bare toes, if dropped?

They did laser texture an x-grip, and the barrel looks like a golf ball, plus it's got the cool fiber optic front sight which is all the rage now (disclaimer: I have several P320's with Dawson fiber fronts), and a genuine thirty dollar sig stock flat face trigger. Fourteen hundred bucks worth. All that, and a place to stick an all-the-cool-kids-got-one red dot battery operated sight, too. Of course, one would have to swap out the awesome fiber optic zev sight...

I'll take two. Then again, for that price, I could buy six P320's. Hmmm...or, I could spend that money on reloading and shooting 22,000 rounds. I wonder if the Zev pistol would instantly make me better than taking the time to train with the 22,000 rounds?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's all about appearance, which is the reason this kind of silly stuff attracts immature gun owners.

Posts: 107510 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's all about appearance...

Yep. I predict that will see a thread on SF on this pistol, by its new owner. The thread might go something like, "it's been flawless, except for the occasional cycling issues."

We may see the thread in a few weeks. Maybe a few months. But I will bet it's coming.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ugly, way to expensive and probably unreliable. I've read several threads in regards to owners having lots of different issues with ZEV Glock guns. People must like the ZEV guns because when the local shop gets a used one in they don't last long before someone comes along and snaps them up.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And I bet it’s not drop safe Big Grin

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Probably the thing I hate most about Zev is they bought out Mega and killed all the great stuff they were doing with AR15s and instead 'Zev-ed' all of it.

Although I've seen new Mega Forged lowers lately, so maybe someone at Zev got a clue that people liked things they way they were...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I bought a ZEV slide for my Glock once. I wanted an RMR mount... That and the new slide was on a Black Friday sale and I got it for $40.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
And I bet it’s not drop safe Big Grin

It's mostly Sig components, and I doubt the slide or barrel will make it less reliable.

I'm sure it will shoot as well as any P320, though I doubt it will shoot better. Much like the slightly less expensive, recently introduced Wilson Sigs.

I've no doubt either, that some of the components might be worthwhile upgrades for those who want to invest in them. The barrel may offer something. Perhaps the frame is more grippy; it looks like it would probably stay in the hand nicely. With everyone covering grips in skateboard tape, a velcro pistol might be exactly what people want.

Wilson grip modules are a great product, I think. I can't see paying four hundred bucks for a Zev slide to get an optic cut when I can get one custom cut to my choice of optics for a hundred fifty bucks. That's just me, though. I also don't want a lot of gold and color and flash on a handgun, but I don't buy them as show-and-tell pieces. Some certainly do. The fourteen hundred dollar pistol will probably appeal to them.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Looks like an avocado had sex with an older more disgusting avocado.

I just caught that reference.....nice ! Cool

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sig and Zev have made a Gucci 320

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I think it needs more serrations.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post