SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a Beretta 92fs for a project gun.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a Beretta 92fs for a project gun. Login/Join 
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Ernie definitely hit it out of the ballpark with his kits.

Posts: 12540 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
Ernie definitely hit it out of the ballpark with his kits.

They really did get this right. While dry firing it more last night, the DA is so smooth with no discernable stacking throughout the pull and the SA is crisp & clean. It could easily pass off as a custom trigger job instead of a drop in kit. From other reviews many say it's superior to the WC action tune on their Berettas (which apparently doesn't include the Wilson Trigger bar? but I'm not 100% on that).

The stock sights definitely need to go and I'm looking forward to the LTT VZ grips in place of the stock plastic grips.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I'm interested to hear what you think of the LTT VZ grips.

I have the regular WC G10s on my M9A1 and Ultra-Thins came on my CenTac. As I understand it, his grips are closer to the Ulta-Thins, but "grippier".

Posts: 12540 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll let you know. They are doing a training class this week so they wont ship until Friday, so it'll be next week.

At first I was interested in the WC grips, but after reading about the LTTs I figured I'd give them a try. Less flashy and less pricey as well!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I'll let you know. They are doing a training class this week so they wont ship until Friday, so it'll be next week.

At first I was interested in the WC grips, but after reading about the LTTs I figured I'd give them a try. Less flashy and less pricey as well!

I am interest in what you think of them as well.
Couple pics would be great.

Posts: 1177 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have the regular WC G10s on my M9A1 and Ultra-Thins came on my CenTac. As I understand it, his grips are closer to the Ulta-Thins, but "grippier".

I would agree. In the last few months I've tried the following Beretta grips:

1. Regular VZ tactical slant
2. Wilson 'standard'
3. Wilson 'ultra thin'
4. Lok grips
5. LTT grips

I would say the Wilson standard grips feel the largest and one reason is because the Wilson medallion is fairly thick. The LTT grips have a similar profile to the Wilson ultra thins but are not as thin (though I haven't measured them to compare). The checkering on the LTT grips makes for a 'grippier' grip than the ultra thins but they definitely aren't rough in texture.

Posts: 4078 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cyberiad:
quote:

2. Wilson 'standard'
3. Wilson 'ultra thin'
4. Lok grips
5. LTT grips

I would say the Wilson standard grips feel the largest and one reason is because the Wilson medallion is fairly thick. The LTT grips have a similar profile to the Wilson ultra thins but are not as thin (though I haven't measured them to compare). The checkering on the LTT grips makes for a 'grippier' grip than the ultra thins but they definitely aren't rough in texture.

Out of those 5 grips, what is your preference?

Posts: 1177 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Wilson ultra thin grips are awesome

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Wilson ultra thin grips are awesome

Yup. I'm working on putting them on all of my Berettas. I do want to try the VZ slims someday too just because they have no medallions.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine shipped out today, so hopefully I'll have them by mid week and shoot them by next weekend, in between all the rain / T-storms / Tropical depression! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
While waiting for the LTT grips, I did another quick ‘fam fire’ range session today to check the install of the LTT Trigger job in a bag (#14 hammer spring), Beretta G-conversions / metal trigger & magazine release.

Shot a magazine worth of Federal HST and Fiocchi 115FMJs, plus 3 of Tula 115FMJs. Function was 100% for all 90 odd rounds using 18rd MecGar mags.

The DA pull is soooper sweet, it’s a pleasure to shoot compared to stock and or other DA platforms. Accuracy is as you’d expect for a 92, easy to make a nice hole and shoot through it repeatedly.

Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:
quote:
Originally posted by cyberiad:
quote:

2. Wilson 'standard'
3. Wilson 'ultra thin'
4. Lok grips
5. LTT grips

Out of those 5 grips, what is your preference?

On a 92FS frame I like the LTT grips. On a 92A1 I prefer the Wilson standard grips though the difference is pretty small.

Posts: 4078 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received the LTT grips for my 92A1 yesterday.

They are like a breath of fresh air for the grip - contoured nicely throughout, thinner than the OEM stock grips, and grippy in the hand without being like sandpaper to the skin.

The checkering on the grips goes on above the top grip screw and it helps your thumb lock the pistol tightly. Because I have very limited time with a WC BrigTac, I can't offer any useful comparison between the two.

I will shoot it early Saturday or Sunday (depending on the WX) and post up some photos then.

The pistol is nearly complete for me with the exception of new sights.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update and looking forward to the review

posted Hide Post
I shot the 92A1 with the grips on today - they really fit my hands much better and give much better control of the pistol. Not a whole lot to say beyond that, as I don’t have other contenders (Wilson Combat, etc) grips to compare them to. I do like the low profile of the grips, no flashy emblems just LTT as part of the texture and since most of the parts are LTT, it seems appropriate.

My biggest issue now is figuring out what to do with my support thumb - it is so used to the blocky square Glock frame / slide that the contour of the Beretta slide to frame with the larger takedown lever kind of leaves it looking for a place fit in.

But it’s SOOOO nice to shoot a DA/SA pistol where you really don’t think too hard about or dread the DA pull.

The weapon is still an oddity for me, a range gun only really but it fits in nicely with the Colt 1911, the S&W 66 4”, and Beretta 87 as a modern classic. Just nice to have a metal 9MM ‘wonder-9’ that I always lusted after as a kid.

War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
But it’s SOOOO nice to shoot a DA/SA pistol where you really don’t think too hard about or dread the DA pull.

Welcome back to the DA/SA Posse. Big Grin
#dasaposse

posted Hide Post
Here are some photos of the 92A1 and the LTT grips.

War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
^^^
That's one sweet looking, triple numbered, Italian pistol right there. Big Grin

I'm starting to feel the need for some LTT grips...

posted Hide Post
Yeah, I love me some Italian Berettas - although a nice Gallatin TN one would be nice, as we watched the full solar eclipse there last summer.

posted Hide Post
Those LTT grips look great, to my eyes, they look better than EC.
Looks like I will be ordering LTT grips.
Thanks for the review and pics!